What's new
panasonic_3.jpg

For trade Classifieds Panasonic Track Bike + Parts

Closed
I potentially want to trade my Panasonic fixed gear and extra parts to make space for a new bike
Status
This ad has been closed. Reason: Change of heart

Details

I am planning a large off-road adventure in Canada next September and I need to get a new bike to suit the conditions. I would love to just go n+1 on this but am out of space. This bike is very special to me and has treated me really well but it doesn't get a lot of use these days. Ideally all items would go in one lot.

I would like to make a trade in the off chance that someone has a Surly fat bike or 29+ bike as the planned route has a lot of loose rock. Route is approx 900km.

Currently on the bike

Frame: Panasonic track bike 56cm. (The NJS one, brake braze on and drilling was done by Kalavinka cycles in Meguro) Purchased new.
Wheel: Grand Compe
Crank: Sugino 75
Chainring: Sugino Zen 45T
Brakes: Shimano 105
Seatpost: Nitto S65
Bars: Nitto Universaide
Pedals: Cheap Wellgo (I'm keeping my clipless)
Seat: Nukeproof Vector
Tires: Lightly ridden Continental Ultra Sport 700x25c

panasonic_3.jpg

Parts
Extra set of Gran Compe wheels - Chrome (Rear wheel is slightly out of true)
Dura Ace 16 tooth cog
Surly 19t cog
Surly 15t cog
Nitto Swan 100 Stem silver
Nitto Swan 100 Stem gold
Nitto UI-70 Stem
Nitto Pearl 6 stem
Nitto B123 Aluminum bars
Nitto RB-021 Pursuit bars
Nitto RB-018 Bars
Nitto B201 bars
Nitto Jaguar Seatpost

IMG_3914.jpgIMG_3915.jpgIMG_3919.jpgIMG_3917.jpgIMG_3920.jpgIMG_3924.jpgIMG_3937.jpgIMG_3939.jpgIMG_3921.jpgIMG_3928.jpgIMG_3929.jpgIMG_3930.jpgIMG_3932.jpgIMG_3934.jpg
I will definitely regret it but I really want to do this tour and the training leading to it. Hoping that experience will trump outweigh the feeling of regret.

If space's the issue, why not lending it to someone you trust and who'd enjoy riding it.
I did that with my MTB before I temporary moved to Australia. When I came back the bike was there waiting for me. Because I found myself not riding it much anymore, I eventually gave it to my friend, though. But at least I still had a choice back then.

If space's the issue, why not lending it to someone you trust and who'd enjoy riding it.
I did that with my MTB before I temporary moved to Australia. When I came back the bike was there waiting for me. Because I found myself not riding it much anymore, I eventually gave it to my friend, though. But a least I still had a choice back then.
This is a very fair and insightful comment. I would hate to see it get in the wrong hands and end up with some 8 inch bars and a shopping basket in the front. That is the reason I posted here and not on Yahoo auctions. It is a fast bike and likes to be ridden fast. Ill have a think about this.

buying a bike here and then shipping it both ways across the pacific is not going to be cheap. Why not buy and sell over there and the money saved shipping will pay for any loss on the resell?

Not sure 900kms on a fat bike is going to be fun after the first 4 days.

buying a bike here and then shipping it both ways across the pacific is not going to be cheap. Why not buy and sell over there and the money saved shipping will pay for any loss on the resell?

Not sure 900kms on a fat bike is going to be fun after the first 4 days.
:) Air Canada allows for a bike as one piece of checked baggage. Am looking at the policies for other airlines. I don't want to set out on a ride without running the gear through its paces and getting it properly dialed in. Hear you on the fat bike but a lot of people do this route on one. I have a goal at least to end up at my moms place in St. Johns :). It is the Newfoundland T' railway which is a pretty flat slog through the province over an old railbed. I'm still not decided on a fat like a 3.8 or a 29+ but according to bikepacking.com at least a plus is recommended. Link

Back
Top Bottom