For trade Classifieds Panasonic Track Bike + Parts

Closed

druedrue

Warming-Up
Sep 16, 2020
I will definitely regret it but I really want to do this tour and the training leading to it. Hoping that experience will trump outweigh the feeling of regret.

pedalist

Maximum Pace
If space's the issue, why not lending it to someone you trust and who'd enjoy riding it.
I did that with my MTB before I temporary moved to Australia. When I came back the bike was there waiting for me. Because I found myself not riding it much anymore, I eventually gave it to my friend, though. But at least I still had a choice back then.

• Love
Reactions: Kangaeroo

druedrue

Warming-Up
Sep 16, 2020
If space's the issue, why not lending it to someone you trust and who'd enjoy riding it.
I did that with my MTB before I temporary moved to Australia. When I came back the bike was there waiting for me. Because I found myself not riding it much anymore, I eventually gave it to my friend, though. But a least I still had a choice back then.
This is a very fair and insightful comment. I would hate to see it get in the wrong hands and end up with some 8 inch bars and a shopping basket in the front. That is the reason I posted here and not on Yahoo auctions. It is a fast bike and likes to be ridden fast. Ill have a think about this.

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
Japan
buying a bike here and then shipping it both ways across the pacific is not going to be cheap. Why not buy and sell over there and the money saved shipping will pay for any loss on the resell?

Not sure 900kms on a fat bike is going to be fun after the first 4 days.

Reactions: Kangaeroo

druedrue

Warming-Up
Sep 16, 2020
buying a bike here and then shipping it both ways across the pacific is not going to be cheap. Why not buy and sell over there and the money saved shipping will pay for any loss on the resell?

Not sure 900kms on a fat bike is going to be fun after the first 4 days.
:) Air Canada allows for a bike as one piece of checked baggage. Am looking at the policies for other airlines. I don't want to set out on a ride without running the gear through its paces and getting it properly dialed in. Hear you on the fat bike but a lot of people do this route on one. I have a goal at least to end up at my moms place in St. Johns :). It is the Newfoundland T' railway which is a pretty flat slog through the province over an old railbed. I'm still not decided on a fat like a 3.8 or a 29+ but according to bikepacking.com at least a plus is recommended. Link

Reactions: kiwisimon