What's new

Out-of-towner looking for a ride, Nov 7

carlin_eng

Warming-Up
Sep 8, 2015
Hey all,

I'm visiting Tokyo from San Francisco with a bicycle, and am hoping to do a moderately paced ride in the range of 80-120 km tomorrow morning. If anyone is planning on riding and wouldn't mind having a stranger tag along, let me know!

A little about myself -- I'm an avid cyclist (road, mountain, cyclocross). I'm one of the lucky few people who gets to combine my hobby with my work, as I spend my days in front of a keyboard as an engineer for Strava. If you're ever visiting the SF Bay Area, I can offer you ride suggestions of any size or flavor.

Cheers,

Carlin

Not sure what 'moderately paced' means to you. I'm leading this Half-Fast ride and you're welcome to join. We will probably average a sociable 22 km/h over the whole day.

Saturday - Takao Ramen Adventure

Group ride to Mt Takao. Meet in front of the Grand Hyatt at Roppongi Hills (map link) 0850 to leave at 0900. Moving pickup at Ebisu 10 minutes later, Kawasaki side of Futagobashi (map link) under the railway bridge around 0945.

Route passes along the river paths of Tamagawa, Asagawa and Minami-asagawa as much as possible (not via Kitano)

The climb up to the pass, Odarumi-toge, is 3.6 km long and 180 m vertical climb. Faster riders can go down the other side and climb back up.

Lunch at The Fujiya Ramen Emporium (map link) (Facebook), which is 100 m after the pass. Ride back the same way, or a slightly different way. Might add a couple of riffs.

Distance about 60 km each way if starting from Roppongi, so 120 km total.

Bring a bike bag if you want to take the train back from Keio or JR Takao station. Bring lights because it might be dark by the time we reach Tokyo - that depends how fast the group rides and how many times our bikes fall to bits. Pump up your tyres and oil your chain.​

Hey guys, apologies, but my plans have changed a bit and I won't be able to ride tomorrow. Hopefully I can sneak a ride in sometime next week (will be staying in Asakusa at that point). I see there's a regular Tuesday morning Tama hills ride... Are there any other regular weekday morning rides like this?

Every morning mlac peek and sometimes I are out on the Arakawa. Please look in the thursday morning training thread to see the place.

Back
Top Bottom