What's new

Otoge & Bears on Sat July 5th?

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Gentlemen, I'm recruiting for a big ride starting from Hon Atsugi Station at 8am on Saturday July 5th. Is anyone keen to ride with me? It should be around 150 - 160km return with 2 big climbs of 1100m and 1500m with the option on the return leg of coming home via R24/R413 and climbing a 1020m 'hill'.

On the map below it starts at the junction of R413/R64. This is the second meeting point at 9am.
It should be great ride and hope you will join me. Cheers, Mike

Thomas, Travis, Philip, Chinelli, haven't ridden with you guys for ages. Would love to see you make it.

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/158172

Sorry, but cannot . . .

I would love to join the ride. Unfortunately my new bike has been trashed by the delivery company whilst being returned from racing last weekend :mad:

When I have a new bike arranged I will happily join you :)

Philip

Mike,

I'd be very interested in joining you, provided you don't start too early (I'll be riding out). :)

I would love to join the ride. Unfortunately my new bike has been trashed by the delivery company whilst being returned from racing last weekend.

Are you talking about your new Cervelo?? That's outrageous, Philip! I hope you'll have a new rig soon! :eek:uch:

my new bike has been trashed by the delivery company whilst being returned from racing last weekend :mad:

The Cervelo???! :cry: Really sorry to hear that Philip...

Hope the delivery company was appropriately shocked when they got the bill and will take better care of bikes in the future. :mad:

Philip, that's unbelievable what they did to your bike. You don't seem to be having much luck these days. Surely things can only get better from now on.

Thomas, is 8am at Hon Atsugi too early for you? I'm flexible with the time, just let me know as I would love to ride with you again!

Mike,

I would like to join you on this ride if that would be possible. I can get to Hon-Atsugi eki for 8am.

Lee

July 12

I will be in a refregerated data-center all day Saturday, and probably Sunday too. If the ride is on Saturday July 12, however, I would love to come along. I know the entire route like the back of my hand but haven't been out that way in over a year (hint, hint.)

BTW, I will be leaving Japan on 7/18 and returning on 8/26. 7/12 will be my last non-commute ride in Japan for a while.

Bears !

That sounds like fun......I actually did see a junior bear once whilst on a mountain bike jaunt in Nagano-ken. No really !!

Count me in please. I will occupy the lanterne rouge position.

Lee - lets meet as usual. Can you make it to Yoyogi-Uehara and we can take the Odakyu from there ?

Charles aka chazzer

Mike, in the light of Aaron's summer leave and my schedule, do you think we could set up this ride for Saturday, July 12th if it is convenient for everyone else?

Either

works for me but would definitely like to ride this weekend whatever we decide.

Charles aka chazzer

Any time is good for me!

I'm happy to ride both weekends. I'll treat this Saturday as a trial run with Chazzer and Lee. Are you guys OK then to meet at Hon Atsugi Station at 8am? BTW the weather is not looking too flash at the moment. We'll need to keep close tabs on it.

Anyone else interested for this Sat? Deej, Christoph, Philip (if your bike is OK), Simon, Travis???

Then on the 12th if you're still interested Thomas and Pucci I'm happy to do it again.

Saturday 5th & 12th . . .

Anyone else interested for this Sat? Deej, Christoph, Philip (if your bike is OK), Simon, Travis???

Then on the 12th if you're still interested Thomas and Pucci I'm happy to do it again.

Cannot ride this weekend - but I will definitely join on the 12th - assuming the bike is rolling again - which it should be :D

Philip

This weekend is good for me if you're really sure that you don't mind doing the same route twice in a row....

Am in Tohoku on the 12th for an onsen tour with the missus.

Ok

for me on both weekends .......good opportunity to ride the same route twice actually.

Lee - shall we meet at Yoyogi-Uehara ?

Charles aka chazzer

Awesome

Sounds great. This is the first time to ride with you lads so looking 4ward to it. I'll be waiting outside the station at 8am in a blue quickstep kit. Any other takers?

I'd love to do it, but I might not be available on the weekend :( Will post here later if I can make it.

Saturday weather

does not look good at the moment 60-70% rain forecast. Is there any interest in Sunday if this does not change ?

Charles aka chazzer

Not sure if I can make Sunday Chazzer. And the the 5th is the first stage of the Tour de France. Come on weather, please be nice!!
I reckon we should wear team kits from the tour!!! I'm representing Quickstep, although I should be Silence -Lotto:)

Milram !

OK - I always feel a bit sheepish with the real mcoy team kit on but why not :eek:

Lets hope for an improvement in the forecast then !

Charles aka chazzer

Back
Top Bottom