What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Sold! Ortlieb Classic Panniers

Chuck

Maximum Pace
Feb 7, 2011
Bought these panniers long ago but didn't use them much since they were larger than I needed. I bought the smaller version and use them instead. So, these have been sitting in my closet for years. Good for long haul touring or for the trip to the local grocery. Pictures show their capacity (one pannier will hold a tent, ground cloth, sleeping mat, and have room left over. Hopefully, the other picture next to the bike gives an idea of their size.

IMG_0579.JPG IMG_0580.JPG IMG_0581.JPG

8,000 yen for the pair. Will sell them singly (4,000 @) or as a pair. If near the Tama, I can bring them there. Otherwise, I can send them. Buyer pays shipping.

DAMMIT! I don't need them, but i find panniers to be so stupid useful this is tempting.
I have roll tops and have thought at times a set of classics would be nice... grrr...

I used them for my COSTCO run. Amazing how much stuff you can haul on a bike.

I used them for my COSTCO run. Amazing how much stuff you can haul on a bike.
Yup. I can fit a full American size shopping cart worth of groceries in 4 pannier and a basket.
Almost a car replacement... except it is a pain going up the 8% hill to my house full loaded.

If you don't find a buyer immediately, I'd quite like to see if my Rhinowolf tent will fit. That'll be after I get back from travels on 6th July, so if someone takes them before then it's fine.

DO you have the "spare hardware" that comes with them?
Most notably, the different size clips?

I don't think they came with extra clips. Maybe because they're an older model? I can take pics of the clips if you like, and you can decide if they would work for you. Let me know.

They are just some inserts that modify the bag to for different rail sizes. It minimizes the rattling.

This is the attachment system on these bags. The 'hook' can be slid along the track and also can be directed forward or backward to fit almost any particular rack type.

IMG_0582.JPG

That is exactly what I am talking about.
In the hook itself, there is an insert to adjust to a different thickness in the rails.
There are 3 sizes. If the insert fits the rack it is used for, the other 2 sets are worthless as they aren't needed.
If it doesn't fit, rattles a lot because it is too big or doesn't fit because the insert is too small - then they are needed.

https://www.ortlieb.com/us/e166

I have lost mine and I had 3 sets. Luckily all 4 of my racks are the same size rails.

I guess, back in the day when I bought these, they only came with one set of inserts. Same with my smaller size Ortliebs. Must be a new thing with them to include different size inserts. FWIW, I use the Topeak rack and it fits that rack well.

Sold....

(But can't find a way to change the title.)

Back
Top Bottom