What's new

Ride Ome Temple Loop redux

Deej

Maximum Pace
Oct 13, 2007
Hey gang,

After a couple cans of happoshu and a glass of cheap wine, the Ome Temple Loop ride is starting to look attractive. I'm attempting it tomorrow -- Sunday, Nov. 17. My form is next to nonexistent, so now is a prime chance to Deejinate me. (Notice how I'm layering all the excuses in there?)

Here's the thread from an Ome Temple Loop ride from last summer.

We'll cover slightly over 2,000 meters of climbing over 90 kilometers. You'll definitely be challenged in places.

Those wishing to join me, please be ready to roll from Ome Station at 8:30 a.m.

This is gonna hurt so good!

Deej

Last edited:
Deej - Last summer's run of this was great. Unfortunately, I'm traveling outside of Japan, otherwise I would join you again. If you want to do this in the next couple of weeks, I'm keen.

I loved your ride last year and went back there in July -- 195 km with 2900 m of climbing from and back to Setagaya.

Hope you'll be feeling the good kind of pain today :)

Phew, for such a short loop, it sure packs a punch. It had been over a year since my last ride out there. It was as challenging and beautiful as ever. Didn't end up rolling out of Ome until 9 a.m. Pulled back in at 2:00. Took me an hour and 45 minutes to ride out there, and the same to get back home (love those Tamagawa headwinds after a long day in the saddle).

@TOM G, I'll give you a heads up if I'm heading that way again!

@joewein, thanks for the words of encouragement. It was the good kind of pain (I think).

Deej

10915884915_467d617ec9.jpg

10917062565_16053cbe95.jpg

10917207504_7aa108b321.jpg

Back
Top Bottom