What's new

Ome Loop Sat. May 26

Deej

Maximum Pace
Oct 13, 2007
Hey everyone!

For those of you who can't make Pete's Chichibu northside exploration, which looks fantastic, I'll be doing this loop starting and ending at Ome station on Saturday.

(Please note that although the map shows the ride starting and ending near Higashi-Ome station, we will actually start and finish from Ome station.)

The loop is slightly over 70km long and packs in roughly 1,400 meters of climbing. I'll be riding out from Setagaya along the Tamagawa, which will bump up the number to around 160km.

This won't be race-pace. The idea is to enjoy the scenery and have a good time. Still, this route packs in a good amount of climbing -- and one super-steep, Giro d'Italia-style section -- so be prepared to suffer a bit. :)

We will wait at the top of each climb and descend as a group.

The meeting place is Ome Station. Roll-out time is 9:30 a.m.

I'll add more details soon!

Hope to see some of you there! Our very own pedal-strike will be making a guest appearance.

Deej

As Deej mentioned, I will be appearing for my obligatory cameo at 9.30 at Ome this Saturday...

No but really, this should be good (albeit in a painful, masochistic kind of way). And yes, you will all have to wait for me at the top.

This looks fun but alas I have work to do on Sat.

Shame it's not Sunday!

Tempted on that one.

Let me check train times down to the start point.

Would be good to meet the mighty "deej" finally.

Deej,
Naomi-san and I will join you for this one. It's perfect after a hard week in Tohoku.

See you at Ome station.

Alan.

Deej,
Naomi-san and I will join you for this one. It's perfect after a hard week in Tohoku.

Hey, great! See you guys there!

Would be good to meet the mighty "deej" finally.

Ha ha! Believe me, it'll be anticlimactic. But I still hope you can join us!

This looks fun but alas I have work to do on Sat. Shame it's not Sunday

Yeah, bummer, Anthony. I was hoping to see what effect the protein powder and creatine are having. :) Soon, though!

Deej

Ah, as I mentioned in Pete's thread, I am helping someone move house this weekend and that all starts early tomorrow afternoon, so I am not going to be able to make this one, sorry.

Really fancied it too!

Well, I hope you all have a great time, and I will certainly join you on the next one, if that is OK.

Cheers

Owen

I'd like to join this ride too!
Sir Deej, what time would you be passing the Y's Road on the Tamagawa?
I could keep you company to Ome station.... ( you could show me the way):eek:

I'd like to join this ride too!
Sir Deej, what time would you be passing the Y's Road on the Tamagawa?
I could keep you company to Ome station.... ( you could show me the way):eek:

Excellent, Keith!

Hmm. I haven't ridden out to Ome for a while, so I'm trying to think how long it will take. I estimate I'll be passing the Y's at about 8:00. Does that work for you? I'll be wearing the newer TCC jersey and looking kind of like this, face-wise:

7267186010_295d39f83e.jpg

OK I'll be at Ys for 8:00. Not sure what I'll be wearing but will have very pale legs!

Back
Top Bottom