What's new

Old jerseys etc

Edogawakikkoman

Maximum Pace
Jan 14, 2007
Do you throw your old stuff out?
I find it hard to throw my old wear out. Too many happy memories associated plus the thoughts of how much the stuff cost etc...

Got some beautiful jerseys that now have the rubbery hemlines deteriorating...and not fitting very well....
Can't sell stuff like that...

May have to just toss it.

Even stuff with road rash holes I hang onto...

I got some TDF Yellow & Green jerseys as end of year party prizes from my club over the years. I could stick them on the wall like Lance. My trophies. More likely to throw them out though.

We could set up an 'old jersey exchange' or similar, on here, if anyone is interested?

Alright cool. As this will involve money exchanging hands, I will set up a dedicated thread in the Classified section to keep it all under control.

I would think that exchanging old jerseys would be something that would not involve money...

Color me dense, but why would it?

Read the thread in the classified section. Anybody can use any method they like to part ways with their kit. Sale, swap, give away for free, whatever; that is up to the person in ownership of the item.

The point of the dedicated thread is to keep everything in one place, with each added item creating more volume to the thread, and keeping things constantly updating and fresh; a market within a market, essentially. One can browse through the kit thread at all the added items very quickly, rather than clicking through individual threads for each item. Exchanging a jersey for another jersey need not involve money, but that is entirely the choice of the two people involved in the trade. Similarly, items in the thread not offered as part of an exchange for another item can be sold directly for money.

So, yes, exchanging a jersey for another jersey does not need to involve cash (unless one is worth significantly more than the other, etc.), but the dedicated thread is not just for kit to be exchanged for other kit; it is for all old kit that people want to get rid of in one way or another.

I still have the jerseys I wore on the MTB tour of Britain back in 1996.... The shorts went in the bin long time ago but the jerseys get an airing now and again when I go out with daughter.

Back
Top Bottom