What's new

Okutama 2...

Hi Charles,

Are you planning to do all trip by bike?
I live in Hiroo (Ebisu), so we could meet in Shibuya ;)

Trip arrangements

Terry,

Well to be honest I thought this time I would take the train. The last time I rode out to the beginning of another course (Phil no mates tour) then I had to quit at the 110km mark so I reckon that 100-150km with hills is my limit right now. So aiming to take the train actually.

Charles

Terry,

Well to be honest I thought this time I would take the train. The last time I rode out to the beginning of another course (Phil no mates tour) then I had to quit at the 110km mark so I reckon that 100-150km with hills is my limit right now. So aiming to take the train actually.

Charles

I am going by bike but coming by train

see you saturday!

Terry

Up to nine!

Thanks Charles!
Hope to see you at Musashi-Itsukaichi!
>Terry: No problem with you taking the train back (If Thomas didn't make me promise, I would have taken the train both ways too!)
Anyway, nine people is a good size!
BTW, Thomas, if you make this an official tour, you can catch back up to Sora in the "Wolf" ranking.... Just a thought:rolleyes:
Travis

>Terry: No problem with you taking the train back (If Thomas didn't make me promise, I would have taken the train both ways too!)
Anyway, nine people is a good size!
BTW, Thomas, if you make this an official tour, you can catch back up to Sora in the "Wolf" ranking.... Just a thought:rolleyes:
Travis

Travis, if you prefer to take the train, please let me know. I'm definitely in the mood for another 200k swing. :D

Well, we are not sure whether to upgrade or not, because the time until the event is very short.

200+km... I'm IN!

Hook, line, and sinker!
Wouldn't miss it for anything. I may think differently half-way up the mountain, but having no bike-bag with you is always the best motivation for riding all the way home!
See you Saturday! T

Newbie may join

This is Todor. I've not had the chance to meet or to ride with the crew here, but I may get a "porch pass" from the family this Sat...and this ride sounds great!. I'd love to join if possible. If I can manage, I'd hope to ride out with Thomas, Travis and maybe Terry (Shinjuku at 8:00 am ish.. I'll be pulling out of Roppongi/Akasaka area).

Let me know if you're up for a out of shape tag along. Also pls let me know if I can exchange mobile numbers via PM with Thomas or Travis for last minute logistics.

Todor

Looking forward to this one!
After we've climbed to the top of Tomi-no-mori, I'll probably head down Route 411 through the tunnels, then climb over the shoulder of Mt. Hinode and drop back down to Itsukaichi.

Alan - this works for me as I have to be back in Tokyo for 18:00 or so and also prefer the loop as I don't have to drag the rinko bag around with me. I"ll join you if you don't mind.....

Charles

I will probably going to start from Haijima Station and I should be there around 10:00.
so Let me know who is going to start from Haijima and we should meet Travis, Thomas,....around 10:30.

finally I am going to meet you guys again... I am excited about! :bike2:

Look forward to see you all there.

Looking forward to this one!
After we've climbed to the top of Tomi-no-mori, I'll probably head down Route 411 through the tunnels, then climb over the shoulder of Mt. Hinode and drop back down to Itsukaichi.

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Itsukaichi-Okutamako-Loop

Let's roll!

I plan to go over the top of Nokogiriyama to Itsukaichi. Tough climb on a forest road with great scenery. Much nicer than the Hinode shoulder route. Wanna come along?

I haven't highlighted the route, but you can see the road here:

http://maps.google.co.jp/maps?f=q&hl...04742,0.107975

Sure....haven't been that way but always keen to try new routes.

See you on Saturday :)

Update!

It looks like 10 people now (possibly 11, if Philip comes too).
>Terry and Todor (trad): I've sent you both a PM with my phone number - Hope to see you both at Shinjuku!
>Aaron and Newton: See you both at Haijima station (Please use the SOUTH exit!). We'll probably arrive at about 10:15.

Also, it looks like Aaron, Alan, and Charles will be doing Nokogiri-yama afterwards as a separate 3-man team from the lake - That means you can all leave the stuff you don't need at Itsukaichi station - Can I get a report from one of you on how that went after you get back, o-negai shimasu:) !

>Nobu, Alan, Charles, Hicks, Philip (maybe?): If Newton & Aaron can make their respective 10:00 trains, we'll probably arrive at Musashi-Itsukaichi a little before 11:00.
Please wait for us there!
See you all tomorrow! Travis

Yes please . . .

Hi Travis,

My apologies for a late reply. I am now 'officially' foot loose and fancy free Saturday. May I join you please?

I would like to ride out from Tokyo with you. I can meet you at the Route 20 & Kannana Dori (R318) intersection. I assume you will cross Kananna Dori through the traffic lights, and will NOT ride through the underpass. I can meet you on the other side of the traffic lights just the other side of the intersection. I guess you should be there shortly after 8:15AM. Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you for organizing the day. Looks great!

Cheers,

Philip

Two more coming!

I went to my local bike shop on the way home.
Some of the regular customers heard about our ride from the shop owner, and decided to come along as well - I've met both of them before;
Yoko Ibe.
Taro Kanbayashi.
13 people all up!
Going to be a big ride.

I went to my local bike shop on the way home.
Some of the regular customers heard about our ride from the shop owner, and decided to come along as well - I've met both of them before;
Yoko Ibe.
Taro Kanbayashi.
13 people all up!
Going to be a big ride.

:( How sad I am! I won t be able to join you.
I can't fix my alu wheel's problem before tomorrow, and I am worry to use my carbon wheels for such long distance!

:( How sad I am! I won t be able to join you.
I can't fix my alu wheel's problem before tomorrow, and I am worry to use my carbon wheels for such long distance!

Carbon wheels love long distances! At least mine do. The one thing that will hurt them, though, is swapping back and forth between alu and carbon rims without changing the brake-pads. Bits of alu will get lodged in the pad and grind the carbon to dust.

Sean is coming, to we are back to 13.

Carbon wheels love long distances! At least mine do. The one thing that will hurt them, though, is swapping back and forth between alu and carbon rims without changing the brake-pads. Bits of alu will get lodged in the pad and grind the carbon to dust.

Sean is coming, to we are back to 13.

Pucci, may be you are right:)
Are you going to use your carbon weels as weell?

Back
Top Bottom