Oifuto times

karsten

Warming-Up
Feb 18, 2015
I went to Oifuto last Sunday, sometime in the afternoon, hoping to find an opportunity to ride some kilometers at constant speed without being interrupted by traffic lights. Sadly, it took me about 30 seconds to figure out that there are indeed plenty traffic lights, accompanied by some very unambiguously worded "自転車も信号を守れ" signs. Which seemed like a good idea to me anyway, since there were trucks north of 10 tons crossing the road every now and then.

So clearly, Sunday afternoon is not a good time to go there. Any suggestions when would be a good time? Some signs seemed to indicate that at least parts of the roads are closed of from 9pm to 6am, which may be nice for serotonin-averse Japanese riders, but I kind of prefer to combine cycling with daylight.

zenbiker

Maximum Pace
Mar 4, 2008
Chofu
Sunday morning is the time to go... The traffic lights are still thee but as most are for entrances to the CLOSED container yards you can blow straight through! There are a few that need care to be taken.

karsten

Warming-Up
Feb 18, 2015
Yeah, I know Tamagawa, but that's more than 30 minutes through stop-and-go roads from my home. Arakawa is about the same distance, so either require >1 hour round-trip just for the way there and back. That's bearable if I have more than 3 hours, but anything less, and the travel back and forth is a bit annoying. With Oifuto being about 10 minutes from here, I hoped it would be a nice alternative for shorter runs.

I'll try Sunday morning then, thanks for the tip.