What's new

Official Ride Official TCC Sprinters and HC Handicap race

Great ride out! Though I was suffering with multiple flats and a little too much 'test gear', I had a great time. Best was doing a TTT approach to the HC section with Kimm, Travis and Pete. Followed by the great descent - then enduring the agonizing <somewhat> haul back to Hon Atsugi. What riding is all about - ups AND downs!

+1 - Mike for organizing this ride and managing it very well.
+1 - Everyone who rode great.
+1 - Kimm san's TURBO TRANSFORMER MODE
+1 - Pillar /Sapim Super spokes - In spite of my tube troubles, I really enjoyed the ride on these prototype spokes. A little more supple than standard CX-Ray, yet seemed to have minimal dampening issues. I may use these especially for front wheel and / or NDS builds on other wheels.

- 1 - My initial fitting of a tube (I really do hate clinchers)
- 1 - My Tioga CO2 nozzle which mysteriously 'lost' the plunger pin!
-1 - MAXXIS Superlight Tubes (which I carried as a spare), it too succumbed to the heat and scuffing. I'm packing up the rest I have and send them back. Everyone so far has had a leaking or failure issue.

enjoyed the officiating - an honor (will try to do better next time)
great day & nice way to get over my jetlag. Rode back over Suzugane-Matsuhime-Okutama-Ome...
put up a couple pics in the gallery

Great thanks to Mike and everyone for making this event happen!
I think we should do this kind of training once per month!!! :D

Here's my garmin data as some of you guys asked yesterday.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/220050919

I slept about 12hrs and feel my leg is dead today... :warau:

Thanks Mike for setting this up, it was a lot of fun.

I actually thought it was a TT race so that's why Sergei and I went ahead (ahh, so much fineprint rules to read, your birthday ride was of much simpler nature :D)
As my time run out I needed to head back before the top of Hinazuru Toge and had >170km and a bit sunburn when I arrived home.

Hmm oobviously you weren't listening when Mike laid out how it worked right at the start at the Red Chilli?

Anyway great to see you again Malte.

Wondered where you guys went - Mike's Plan was pretty straightforward - and I hardly read ANYTHING before I go. Nothing about a TT - 3 sprints and a handicapped HC w/regrouped transits.

Malte, you seem to have problems at every race! Don't know what part of 'stay behind me until I call game on' you didn't understand? Written on the first post, certainly not in fine print, and explained again before the race. I even told you specifically not to do that at the start line....But off you went!

p.s. Serguei, where did you disappear to?

hey Mike. sorry for not posting earlier, I was glad to meet with everyone, thanks for this opportunity! Like Malte, I had to head home earlier. I turned back after reaching the top of the handicap climb.
I knew the rules but decided to test the limits of your moderation by going into an early breakaway, sorry for this :eek:
Congratulations to James for his Cav-style performance at all the sprint sections! Enjoy your sprint avatars when they become available, they are well earned :)

Many thanks Serguei, I look forward to defending them in the future!

Malte, you seem to have problems at every race! Don't know what part of 'stay behind me until I call game on' you didn't understand? Written on the first post, certainly not in fine print, and explained again before the race. I even told you specifically not to do that at the start line....But off you went!

p.s. Serguei, where did you disappear to?

Guys, just kidding.
Sergei pushed hard on the hill so I had no other choice than to to jump to his wheel (well my instincts :eek:) and I had anyway not enough time to stay for the sprints. So hope to beat you next time ... Mike ;)

Had a great time yesterday, which I'm reminded of constantly by the pain in my legs. No, actually my whole body hurts. Had my first leg cramp in a year and when I finally got home after going to a friends place couldn't ride in the big ring anymore.
Thanks to Mike for setting this up, really glad to have been part of this unforgettable experience. Thanks to all the participants for the professional riding, loved the pace lining for the better part of the way back. Looking forward to the avatar and the next similar outing.

Great time!

Big cheers, Mike!
I had an excellent time too. It was great to catch up with so many people.
It also gave me some idea of how much more I need to improve before Okinawa.
Looking forward to the next one.
Travis

Had a great day yesterday. A big thanks to Mike who organised this event, it went really well.:)
I've posted pics in the gallery.
showfull.php

Big cheers, Mike!
I had an excellent time too. It was great to catch up with so many people.
It also gave me some idea of how much more I need to improve before Okinawa.
Looking forward to the next one.
Travis

Travis, so good to see you again - it's been a very long time. In regards to catching up - honestly mate sprinting is a totally different kettle of fish and not really a skills base you want to be building on for Okinawa.

And lets face it you were keeping pace on Doshi and laying down a grueling pace that had everyone sitting in your wheel for a very long time!

Not quite...

Travis, so good to see you again - it's been a very long time. In regards to catching up - honestly mate sprinting is a totally different kettle of fish and not really a skills base you want to be building on for Okinawa.

And lets face it you were keeping pace on Doshi and laying down a grueling pace that had everyone sitting in your wheel for a very long time!

Thanks James,
Overall, I don't think I embarrassed myself - In fact, I think I did OK in keeping up with the big boys!
In regards to Okinawa, I don't mean the actual sprinting itself, but keeping up with the constant attacks - That's where I got left behind, and that's what I'll need to work on.
Anyway, I've still got a few months to build up a lot more strength, stamina & speed!

To say you took a break for almost a year I think you were holding your own very nicely mate. If you keep it up the way you are going you'll blow them away in Okinawa.

Back
Top Bottom