What's new

Official Ride Official TCC Sprinters and HC Handicap race

Trying to make it but need to get some kilometers in before.

Trying to make it but need to get some kilometers in before.

List updated, anyone else in? Remember, it will be more of a social ride than a race and the handicap hill climb will be even better if we have a wide spectrum of riders come:) Don't be shy!

If I don't have to be scraped off the Alps with a putty knife - I'll join.

Penciled on my calendar.

Mike, you promise this is FUN RIDE right? :warau:

Just a reminder that this ride is coming soon:D Here's the list of riders:

Mike
Tom
Takaaki
Serguei
Travis
Deej
Gunna
Clay
Kimm
John

Possibles : Gar, GsAtsuto, Eugen, Malte.....

Is this right? Anyone else keen to join in the fun???

As excited about this just like the day you first posted.

Is drafting cars gonna be ok? (I guess not)

Unfortunately the Peugeot team has moved an event that was planned for Sunday to Saturday, so I won't be able to make it to the race. Bummer.
Hopefully there'll be another one soon!

Getting there!

Kimm asked me the other day how I planned to get to the starting point (and I assume he meant, "with fresh legs").
I'll be taking the train to Hachioji - There's a 中央特快 (Fast train) that leaves Tokyo at 6:30, Shinjuku at 6:44, and arrives in Hachioji at 7:24.

We'll have enough time to put our bikes together, stash our things in a coin-locker, and hopefully, be riding the 26km to the starting point along this route by about 7:45 (give or take).

Even at a leisurely pace, we'll probably get there a few minutes early.
If anyone else wants to join us, we'll be in the front carriage.
Looking forward to it!
Travis

Or for those not afraid to ride in the whole distance from Tokyo:

Meet at 7:15 @ Lawson by the big crossing at the bottom of One-kansen

Mike, I'm still holding the Kom for the 9.6 handicap climb with ~33mins, but I think that's going to change come Saturday.

my PT wheelset is gone to bryan and new wheel is not arrived yet... :eek:uch:
will join this with my TT bike...

Travis,
see you at the train. just in case, my PN: 090-8434-two,three,three,five

kimm

Hi Matt, I'm in.

Kimm sorry your new wheel has not arrived. PT is working great, hope I can crank out some big watts come sat.

Gunjira, Id like to ride out too, where is the Lawson along One-Kansen?

-Bryan

To me leaving from Tokyo means 'Shinjuku' - so - just let me know your point of depart and maybe I can hit that. Also interested in a full ride out and back (time permitting)

Or for those not afraid to ride in the whole distance from Tokyo:

Meet at 7:15 @ Lawson by the big crossing at the bottom of One-kansen

Mike, I'm still holding the Kom for the 9.6 handicap climb with ~33mins, but I think that's going to change come Saturday.

I will have some family/local mikoshi obligation on Saturday and need to be back home by 1PM. Thus I might only join you guys for 1h or so (first sprint?).

EDIT:
Will leave home very early (5ish) and do this recon route before (SagaminoCC Climb, Tounan Rindo, Makime Toge). Leaving that 7eleven at 7AM. If anybody want to join let me know (Tom?).

Brian, Tim,

I will ride the full distance, including back.

My suggested mtg point is the Lawson at Yanokuchi crossing.
Google: ローソン L 稲城鶴川街道

To get there I will hit Setagaya doori here: 35.639533,139.629687
But hard to time well, so I prefer Lawson. Also, Tim from your angle using rt20 looks best if you want to join from Yanokuchi...

Mike,
If weather permits - I plan on joining.

Travis,
If it's OK I will join you and the others in Hachioji station (North exit?) around 07:30am.

See you on Saturday.

...... :(

Would love to join but wife does night shifts Fridays and not home till 10am on the Saturday.
But you knew that already Mike :eek:uch:

Back
Top Bottom