What's new

Official Ride Official TCC King of the Mountains Competition

BTW, If there is interest among TCC girls (not just Naomi-san) - we can consider the TCC Queen of the Mountains title :)

That's the point that I was about to bring up...

Potentially would be interested but the only date that I would be available is the 24th (I work on Saturdays and I am out of the country at the end of the month)

That's the point that I was about to bring up...

Potentially would be interested but the only date that I would be available is the 24th (I work on Saturdays and I am out of the country at the end of the month)

Oh, we posted at the same time.
This seems fun! Let's do the Queen version some time, later on in the year maybe.
Practice first though....

Here's a small update -

Gunjira - 30 or 1
Mike - 23*, 24, 30* or 1
Basil - 23, 24, 30 or 1*
Echothree - 30, 1(?)
FarEast - 30, 1*
DeltaForce - 24 or 1
Tom - 23, 24, 30, or 1
Tim - 30 or 1
Yair - 30 or 1
Kawa - 23, 24, 1
Deej - 23, 24, 30, 1
Yamabushi - 23, 24, 30, 1
Alan - 23, 24
Aron - 23, 24, 30, 1
Bird - 23, 24, 30, 1
Doug - 24, 1

23 - 9 persons
24 - 11 presons
30 - 11 persons
1 - 12 persons

* will take requests until the end of this week and will fix the date on Sunday
----

About time - let's aim at 9:30am - the only request so far, and I don't see why not.

Chikako, thank you very much for the support - I'll send you a PM once we have more or less concrete plan of action.

Ok, here's the final verdict.
Considering all the requests and unpredictable weather of the rainy season the KOM competition will be held on 30th of June (with possible rescheduling to 1st of July or later in case of bad weather).

Thanks to everyone who showed interest and replied - hope to see you all on the road soon!

I have hardly done any riding in the last 2 month but will try to join.
30th or 1st would fit best.

I might be able to make it on the 30th. Not a contender for any KOM's, but would be fun to be a part of I think. Let's hope for good weather.

Ok, here's the final verdict.
Considering all the requests and unpredictable weather of the rainy season the KOM competition will be held on 30th of June (with possible rescheduling to 1st of July or later in case of bad weather).

Thanks to everyone who showed interest and replied - hope to see you all on the road soon!

Thanks a lot Sergei :)! Looking forward to this!!

Thanks for organizing this

Not sure I will be able to compete with you guy, but would like to try.
I am ok for any week-end day in June and beginning of July (June 23, 24, 30 and July 1st).

See you soon.

Looking at the RidewithGPS route it logically shows the finish at the top of the final climb.......what is the route from there to the nearest station?

Looking at the RidewithGPS route it logically shows the finish at the top of the final climb.......what is the route from there to the nearest station?

The route passes right next to the Saruhashi station (猿橋駅, JR Chuo line - ~91.5 km mark on the route), before reaching the top of the climb, there is also Otsuki station (大月駅) a bit to the west. Either of them is pretty close to the final hill climb start/finish lines.

Just follow the route back the same way you came - it's really straightforward and it's hard to get lost.

I have also updated the route to finish at Otsuki station now.

Serguei,

As that date is smack bang after a race I'm going to have to see what my condition is like - basically I will decide the day before.

Thanks for organizing this Serguei, I'm looking forward to it also, especially the descent down to Otsuki....always thought it'd be fun coming down that side of Matsuhime...that's a 20km descent:confused:

Now I think it's time to get the smack talk going! Deej you out there mate?

Serguei,

As that date is smack bang after a race I'm going to have to see what my condition is like - basically I will decide the day before.

Should make for a bloody :) sweet cool-down ride for you James !

Should make for a bloody :) sweet cool-down ride for you James !

But you know what Im like Tom - I'll race it and then be in all kinds of hell the week before my next proper race :D

Serguei -- I'm not a KOM contender but count me in for the fun of it. I now must sort out a compact crank or at least a 38T chainring to survive the route you created! Let's hope for good weather that day!

Back
Top Bottom