What's new

Official Ride Official TCC King of the Mountains Competition

Serguei its "your party" and as I stated earlier I can do these dates but what about pushing it back a bit (late September?) so everyone can get it in the diary now so less chance of a diary clash.

James, I agree about the wolfpack points (don't quite remeber what they were for, though..)
From beyond the dawn of something...

https://tokyocycle.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=234

"Wolves" are TCC members who have participated in official races:
wolfpack.gif

"Caravan" members are TCC members who have participated in official TCC tours:
trekker.gif

Right, it seems that most of the posters so far would like to have it on June 30th or July 1st.

Gunjira - 30(?) or 1(?)
Mike - 23*, 24, 30* or 1
Basil - 23, 24, 30 or 1*
Echothree - 30*, 1(?)
FarEast - 30*, 1(?)
DeltaForce - 24 or 1
Tom - 23, 24, 30, or 1
Tim - 30 or 1
Yair - 30 or 1
Kawa - 23, 24, 1

23 - 4 persons
24 - 5 presons
30 - 7 persons
1 - 7 persons

Gunjira, Echothree and FarEast - what about July 1st?

Basil, if we decide on 30th of June - it's more than 3 weeks away, I think, there's enough time to plan for this event. There will always be some conflicts with some projects for somebody, unfortunately.

BTW, the rainy season is upon us, so if it's raining badly on June 30, we will have to consider rescheduling on the end of the rainy season.

Waiting to hear from other members - Deej, Alan, Travis, Thomas, Pete, Malte, Lee, Steve, anyone? Fumiki are you still reading this forum?

BTW, If there is interest among TCC girls (not just Naomi-san) - we can consider the TCC Queen of the Mountains title :)

Serguei, this sounds great! I'm pretty flexible and will try to make whatever date is set. Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this.:)

Deej

Great, Deej!
Now, if only Alan and Malte were to join us - the Matsuhime toge would explode from the awesomeness of this event and the quality of the field :D

Waiting to hear from other members - Deej, Alan, Travis, Thomas, Pete, Malte, Lee, Steve, anyone? Fumiki are you still reading this forum?

Damn, I'm getting called out! So much for trying to blend in to the background! :D

While I certainly won't be contesting the KOM, all 4 days are OK for me. I definitely intend to join the ride on whatever date you decide on. That being said please note that my 2nd son is due sometime in the next 2-4 weeks. That would be the only thing that I could foresee getting in the way.

Oh, one more thing... can we please have a start time in Shinmatsuda that will allow me to take the first train from my station? That would make all the difference and would be greatly appreciated! The earliest I can arrive at Shinmatsuda Station is 7:04am. Thank you in advance for your consideration! :)

New guy wants to play as well. Haven't had enough climbing practice or knowledge of the local roads to provide any real competition, but it sounds like fun regardless.

All of the four dates are fine for now.

Serguei its "your party" and as I stated earlier I can do these dates but what about pushing it back a bit (late September?) so everyone can get it in the diary now so less chance of a diary clash.

This is totally Serguei's show, but I would like to chime in by hinting that his initiative also aims at launching a *series* of regular TCC events that will take place on an annual basis.

As for the menagerie of wolves and camels: once we upgrade the website (it will happen eventually, take my word for it!), they will most likely not be ported over. First of all, the system has become hopelessly obsolete (and hasn't been updated in two years or more in fact), and on top of that is a major PITA to keep up to date. A trophy system based on Serguei's master series seems to be more feasible.

July 1st for me - as I will be in training for Gunma, the 1st will hopefully allow me enough time to recover and then benifit from the over compensation.

Next step is to clear it with the wife! :D

And what constitutes official races? As I should have about 300 wolf pack points :D

And what constitutes official races? As I should have about 300 wolf pack points.

Races approved by the elders of the TCC or with "official" TCC participation. :D

As I said, wasted DB space.

not the UCI or JCF? :eek:

not the UCI or JCF? :eek:

Hm, if we started to take these things seriously, then I ask you: what constitutes an *official member* of the TCC? A jersey, a secret oath or just a plain pledge of allegiance? ;)

Anyhow, I don't want to derail Serguei's thread, back OnT.

Oh, one more thing... can we please have a start time in Shinmatsuda that will allow me to take the first train from my station? That would make all the difference and would be greatly appreciated! The earliest I can arrive at Shinmatsuda Station is 7:04am. Thank you in advance for your consideration! :)

Late-ish start preferable for me. No train for me; I will be riding to the Shinmatsuda Seven-Eleven from home - and of course also from Matsuhime back to home (anybody who wants to join me on the return stretch welcome). Starting time around 9:30 would be real nice therefore...

Thanks Serguei,
I'm up for it and any day of those four works fine with me.

It's more like I'm on a "who's the slowest" competition rather than the fastest though. :D

Eugen

30 and 1 are both fine!
More than any aspiration, just being able to participate with a cast of TCC's finest - GREAT!

I'm up for a volunteer!
I haven't met you Serguei, but I'll be at your service; keep the time, take pictures, and of course, cheer :happy:
Great chance to see a real competition!

Back
Top Bottom