What's new

Odawara Atami Hakone Sado Masochist Rerun Part Two !

chazzer

Speeding Up
Nov 23, 2006
How`s that for a title !

Once again, with a deep bow in the direction of Travis, I would like to propose a rerun of this ride, which was KT2, for all Sado`s and anyone else who would like a bit of ocean breeze and a good pizza alongside the lake !

Here`s the route http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/japan/yo...ken)/118458688

And here is the original write up....https://tokyocycle.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=650

I cannot make Sat or Sun this week so how about Monday or Tuesday next week ?

Weather looks very settled at the moment so either is OK but I prefer Monday given the choice.

How about it ?

Charles aka chazzer

Looks long and challenging! If it's Tuesday i'm definitely in! :)

...but Monday is 50/50. Might not be a good time for me, as I already have hill climb suffering scheduled for the week-ends (Saturday or Sunday, not sure yet) - two maso-sessions in a row would be too much, I guess.

I'll see how things go on week-ends - might not be a problem after all.

Greetings from Odawara Gus !

I'm back in Australia on the Gold Coast, but right now I'm wishing I was able to ride the 'Odawara Atami Hakone Sado Masochist Rerun Part Two' !

I really enjoyed my first run with you guys. I am still savoring the Pizza, Beer and the little 'skirts' we all wore…only in Japan!

Remember the 'Road Slugs' on the decent back into Odawara. They are a real nasty piece of work ! You can sneak past at the edges. And there are two sets of them.

The climb up from Ugawara on Rt 75 is a nice option….its a nice long steady climb lacking the few steep cluster busting sections out of Atami…

If any TCC riders find themselves on the Gold Coast in the next few months your more than welcome to a room or a ride ….The weather is sweet…

Regards Gus 'Bike Lane Salmon' Duncan

up for it

Hi Chazzer. Dare I say count me in again? Sounds excellent. Either day is good for me. Sergey, what's that hill session you're thinking about? Need any company? I need to put GW to good use. Ben

Sergey, what's that hill session you're thinking about? Need any company? I need to put GW to good use. Ben

Hi, Ben!
It's nothing exotic. I plan to check out 2 hard climbs in Okutama-ko area: Kazahari-rindo and Nokogiriyama-rindo. Not very long, but very steep (I expect to have at least 10% in average). Never been on either of them myself and Google does not show all the routes - so I plan to do some exploration as well. Most likely - Saturday. A company would be just great - let's discuss it in PM, if you're interested.

Decision !

OK - we are good to go on Tuesday guys.

Looks like we have Ben, Sergey and me, Chazzer. All else welcome of course.

Odawara station - outside the bakery at 10:00 or so and we will roll out no later than 10:30. That should get us back on the train for 5:30 or so. Hope that's OK for everyone.

Charles aka chazzer

ride this weekend

HI. David Motozo here. I am new to this group. I do triathlons and looking to ride with some people to get in shape for ironman in July. Anyone up for riding arakawa or ome on sunday or monday this weekend?

OK - we are good to go on Tuesday guys.

Looks like we have Ben, Sergey and me, Chazzer. All else welcome of course.

Odawara station - outside the bakery at 10:00 or so and we will roll out no later than 10:30. That should get us back on the train for 5:30 or so. Hope that's OK for everyone.

Charles aka chazzer

Hi chazzer!

Count me in.

I'm not good at hill climbing, and steep hills of this time are overwhelming to me though, fascinating pics of Hakone area on the web has driven me to participate in this event.

See you at Odawara Station around 10:00am.

Michel Angelo Veda

good to have you on board!

Michel, can you pm your keitai number to me to ensure that we meet up easily. Odawara is a big station and last time we met there we had some confusion. Thanks, B

Idea !

I do like the thought of Odawara tomorrow however Thomas has just posted another ride in Chichibu.

Do we want to combine forces or carry on as we are ?

Let me know on the site or via PM and I will make the final call around 7pm

Charles aka chazzer

I do like the thought of Odawara tomorrow however Thomas has just posted another ride in Chichibu.

Do we want to combine forces or carry on as we are ?

Hi Charles,

the Chichibu ride is not in competition to your Hakone ride, but for those members planning on returning home early tomorrow. If I had no work tomorrow night I'd probably join your tour. :)

adjustment of plans?

Hi Chazzer - I'm interested in the KT4 re-run, as I didn't get to do that one last time. Just need to find out logistics, hence my post on the Chichibu thread. B

Decision - Chichibu !!

Lets join forces with Thomas and take the Chichibu tour instead !

:D

Thomas - what time at Higashi Ome 7/11 ?

Ben/Sergey/Michel - please note - NO Odawara tour tomorrow now.

Times and directions for Chichibu on that thread from now on.

Thanks everyone,

Charles aka chazzer

Back
Top Bottom