What's new

October flea-markets

microcord

Maximum Pace
Aug 28, 2012
Today I picked up a flyer for a bike furīmāketto to be held at Ark Hills on 14 October. It's already publicized, at cyclemarche.com. Neither the flyer nor the website mentions any alternative dates/locations, but I was told:

12 October: 京王閣競馬場 (presumably this series)
20 October: Isanuma, Kawagoe (presumably this series)
19 October: "Tamagawa" (I've no idea where)

Most intriguingly, I heard that the Tamagawa event wasn't supposed to happen but would probably happen anyway, and if it did happen then it would be good. Could this be a (gasp) unauthorized event? (An impromptu bike fair would make a change from Tamagawa's all-you-can-drink barbecues.)

Most intriguingly, I heard that the Tamagawa event wasn't supposed to happen but would probably happen anyway, and if it did happen then it would be good. Could this be a (gasp) unauthorized event? (An impromptu bike fair would make a change from Tamagawa's all-you-can-drink barbecues.)

This event has been running for some years now and was closed down due to the organisers (or lack off) having the permits to hold the event. There was also another flea market today and possibly tomorrow behind AoyamaUnited NationsUniversityPlaza.

it's held under a bridge and a section of cycle path here if memory serves me right: http://goo.gl/maps/dlnMG

However they may have moved it to another section of the path due to the undue attention of the local constabulary.

Tamagawa event was called Sekidobashi flea market, at the bridge (rt18) of the same name slightly upriver from Fareast's pin. Was always fun there.

I'd like to go along to one of those events. Actually there's nothing that I want, but an additional (more or less) complete bike would be tempting. (Although, since there's nowhere to put it, it would also be divorce-bait.)

fleas?

Mate its a bike related flea market and totally dependent on what people have to sell - so basically you could go one time and there is nothing, and then a month later its brimming with bargains.

Be warned though so people go to show off their collection of vintage gear and aren't interested in selling.

Back
Top Bottom