Oct 26/27: 1st time MTB in Tokyo

Oct 9, 2013
Hi,
I'll be visiting Japan for business at the end of October and I am going to spend the WE of October 26th / 27th in Tokyo.
Inside of staying at my hotel (working / working out) or visiting Tokyo without much planning, I am thinking of finding a ride & mountain biking in or around Tokyo.

I'd appreciate your help as I have never ridden in Japan and I don't know any of the spots.
I will come without my bike so I would need to rent one as well.

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Cheers,
David

AlanW

Maximum Pace
Jan 30, 2007
Tokyo
The parks (Fujimi panorama and Fuji-Ten) will be closed to MTBs after 20th October (converting to the ski season). Mt. Takamineyama will likely still be open but it's a 3-4 hour drive from Tokyo. I'd recommend a road bike ride instead.

Oct 9, 2013
kiwisimon & AlanW, thank you for your answers.
I wrote an email to Fujiten and they replied that they will be opened until Nov 4th (at the same time, the rest of the email was unintelligible so maybe the date was wrong as well).
The issue with Fujiten (and Fujimi) is that it's pretty far from Shinjuku (~3h30 one way: I am using public transportations). I had found the Sagamiko Pleasure Forest MTB Field. ( http://www.sagamiko-resort.jp/mtb/index.html ) which is closer but I have been told it's closed.
I'll be in Osaka prior to Tokyo: how does MTB look around Osaka?
If that's the case, I could spend the WE in Osaka instead...

Cheers!