What's new

Oct, 20th. YOKOSUKA calling!

WhiteGiant

Maximum Pace
Nov 4, 2006
Recently, there have been a lot of new people to the site who have re-located (or will re-locate) to the YOKOSUKA naval base, so I think another ride down near "Miura-hanto" might be in order.

How's this for a little excursion?......
We could do almost the same route as last time, except this time we go around anti-clockwise – ie. From Yokohama – Kamakura – Misaki – Yokosuka!

ALSO, Nobu-chan has been looking at some places (mainly for the Go-Go-Gals) to have a really nice lunch & then an onsen (hot-spring) / or possibly the other way round – an onsen first, and then a really nice lunch – Whichever way…

If we all take the (anti-clockwise) course from Yokohama, we can all (guys & girls) ride together to Kamakura, and have a short break together there. After that, the "guys" will have to head south-east around the coast towards Misaki, while the girls head directly east towards the "onsen" in Yokosuka.

The "guys" will have an extra 40km to cover, but it will still take the "Go-Go-Gals" about an hour from Kamakura, so we shouldn't be more than an hour behind them (while they're in the onsen). If all of us guys can haul ass around the coast, it's possible that we'll arrive just as the ladies are getting out of the bath ……bring yer camera!:D:D

Seriously, that will mean we can all meet & have a late lunch together.

Lunch: will be in quite a large hotel (the same place as the onsen), but it is buffet "smorgasbord" style – all you can eat, so for a bunch of really hungry riders, it would probably be perfect – less than ¥2,000.

Once we've had our fill, it will be time to ride home! – For the guys/gals on Yokosuka base, a very short ride. But for the rest of us, who have to ride back to Tokyo, it will mean an extra 50-60km.
...Nothing most of us haven't done before – Rte.15 has become a friend over the years.

Waiting to hear from the "Yokosuka" guys/chicks...
In particular, I'm calling:
ayasechick!
xnavalav8r!
Philharris!
as well as many others...!

Will post maps & details later!
Refer to AlanW's map from last time:
https://tokyocycle.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/650

Travis

Dude, get some sleep!

Travis,
The ride sounds cool, but why on earth are you awake and posting messages at 02:28...???

AW.
:cool:

That sounds great to me. The only catch is that I might actually be at sea on the weekends and available to ride on week days. I won't really know my schedule until I get there. I'd really like to get out and ride with your group though. It sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for considering me.

Ted

[email protected]

Ah! At last someone is thinking seriously about LUNCH :beer: (thats a good thing!)

Let us know when you have in mind!
:bike:

Id Like!

Any chance of this happening before November 1st?

I will leave Japan on this date:( and head back to the UK so if it can be done before then I'm in if not I wish you all a great tour!

Greg

Keen as a teen at the hop

I'm keen to do this tour, but will be out of the country (for two weeks of alpine
pedestrianism) from tomorrow until Saturday, September 22nd. If the you roll out
before then, live long and prosper. If it's later, even Sunday the 23rd, just post the
place and time to meet for riding out from central Tokyo (Tennozu Isle in my case),
and I'll be there.

David aka TrufflesEater

TY Harbour

I'll second the comment on the beer:beer2:
Very close to the office so it is not unknown for Friday lunchtimes to be spent waterside!

Yes Indeedy

Near the TYH Harbour Brewery? Great beer there.:beer1:

Essentially, I live at the corner of the Keihin and Tennozu Isle canals. And T.Y. Harbor
Brewery was the first place that caught my attention in this area -- kept coming back
and eventually moved here.

Reciprocity

I'll second the comment on the beer:beer2:
Very close to the office so it is not unknown for Friday lunchtimes to be spent waterside!

Then you'll have to let me buy you a beer or several before you go back to Blighty.

Meeting for a ride/beer(s)

I've been told that bringing a bike on the train is not allowed unless it is broken down in a travel case. is that true? If so, what's the best way to meet up with everyone for a ride? Apart from the immediate vicinity I have no idea how to get around apart from the train.

Ted

Options

One option is to do the ride, :bike:then meet for some beers :beer2::beer::beer1:(TYH Brewery perhaps) and stay at a nearby business hotel; usually a fair business hotel room will run you \4-6000.

That would save the trouble of bringing the bike on the train. It does require an open schedule the following day.

I've been told that bringing a bike on the train is not allowed unless it is broken down in a travel case. is that true? If so, what's the best way to meet up with everyone for a ride? Apart from the immediate vicinity I have no idea how to get around apart from the train.

Hi Ted,

there are a couple of threads on rinko-bukuro or bicycle bags, one of them here and another one here. :)

Still ON!!

Sorry to keep everyone waiting… I was having computer problems!

This "anti-clockwise" Miura-Hanto ride is still on though.
I really hope that Saturday, October 20th is good for everyone!!!
I've done this ride 3 times (clock-wise), but have never been around the other way, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what it's like.
So far (in alphabetical order):

AlanW,
Ash,
Ayasechick,
Freeride39 (Shay),
Gmason (Greg),
Jcollins3k (Jason),
Phil Harris,
Thomas,
TrufflesEater, (Dave),
YellowGiant (Travis),
Xnavalav8r (Ted).

Go-Go-Gals:
Nobu,
Naomi,
Shinobu ?
SHIBAGON ?

Please note: From Yokohama station, it's about a 110km (70 mile) round-trip over 'up & down' terrain. Not difficult at all, and it has some very nice scenery along the beaches.

Also, two weeks later, there will be the "Official" Tour de Unagi ride; in the same area, but on different roads, so it won't be a repeat ride (there are no coastal views on the "Unagi" ride).
Anyway, I'm urging as many people as possible to come along on both rides.
With one weeks' rest in between, there should be no problem with people coming along on both rides and meeting other members who couldn't make it the first time.

For those coming from Yokosuka, it's almost a straight ride, directly up Rte.16 – about 25 miles – to Yokohama station.

MEETING TIMES & PLACES:

Yokohama station, East exit!
At 9:00am.
We'll all meet there, and roll out at 9:30.
It will take us a little over an hour to get to Kamakura.
We'll have a short break there, and then head south-east along the coast towards Misaki.
The Go-Go-Gals will continue directly east to the Onsen/Restaurant (about 30km), and should be there around midday (noon).

The guys will continue down to the southern tip of the Misaki peninsular before turning almost directly north to where the girls will be waiting for us after their bath (about 55km).
Then, as mentioned in the original thread, ¥3,300 for an "all you can eat" buffet/smorgasbord lunch!!!

After lunch, we'll all (minus the Yokosuka guys) head back towards Yokohama & Tokyo respectively.

To all those who are still interested, and to any others who are still thinking about it, please let us know that you'll be there!
Rubber-down!
Travis

補足*spa&食べ放題

SPAで日頃の疲れを癒し、その後、思いっきり栄養補給:p
まだ、行ったことがない所なので・・・・期待で胸がワクワクしていますが・・・・いかがでしょうか?

海の見えるSPA(温泉)、観音崎京急ホテル内 SPASSO
http://go-spasso.jp/top.html

ガールズのみなさま
SPA&食べ放題プラン(3300円)がいいなぁ~と思っています。
http://go-spasso.jp/plan/index.html

ボーイスのみなさま
食べ放題のランチ (2300円)
http://www.kannon-kqh.co.jp/index03.html

I'd very much like to make it to one of these 2 rides... Will have to see how the work schedule is going to pan out next next month, but will confirm as soon as possible. Is there an Unagi ride thread yet?

Back
Top Bottom