What's new

Oct, 20th. YOKOSUKA calling!

Thank you...

Thanks for the invite and the information. Unfortunately I will have left Yokosuka by the 20th. Hopefully I can catch up with some of you for a ride earlier in the month.

Ted

I am coming!

Sounds nice:)! Thanks for counting me arleady. but I have not told whether I would come yet, it's my wonder:warau:
I am very looking forward to riding with TCC member on 20th.

Nobu-san, Shinobu-san ,Shibagon
ガールズのみなさま
SPA&食べ放題プラン(3300円)がいいなぁ~と思っています。
いいですね~:) でも、お風呂&ご馳走(+ビール?)にありついたら、すっかりリラックスモードになってしまうかも:warau: 大丈夫かしら?「万が一」を考えて、輪行の準備していきますか?それとも張り切って完走目指した方がいいかしら??
何より、みんなに会えるのをとっても楽しみにしています。天気が良いといいね。

Naomi:)

My riding buddy and I will miss this ride but will be in Yokosuka for a few weeks in late October/Early November.
Is the Unagi ride on for 3 Nov.? If so we would like to join.
Any other group rides around Yokosuka that we could join? We put the recommended beer stops :p in the GPS and will check them out.
Thanks,
Vinny

Sorry to keep everyone waiting… I was having computer problems!

This "anti-clockwise" Miura-Hanto ride is still on though.
I really hope that Saturday, October 20th is good for everyone!!!

Travis

Back from abroad and ready to roll out on October 20th.

David

Just realized I haven't given my final word yet, but I would like to be officially pencilled into the lineup if there's still room. Looking forward to meeting everyone in person!

please count me in!

も・ち・ろ・ん・参加でお願いします。
Nobu-san,Naomi-sanガールズ企画楽しみにしてます:p
shibagonは大島ライドだったよね?楽しんできてね。
では、皆さんに会えるのを楽しみに!!

Update & confirmations!

The GUYS:
Me (YellowGiant),
Thomas,
AlanW,
Jcollin3k (Jason),
Freeride39 (Shay),
TrufflesEater (Dave),
Phil.

Go-Go-Gals:
Nobu,
Naomi,
Shinobu.
やっぱり、、、3人の女性で、ちょ~う姦しい「カシマじい~」くなりそうだな~!

UNCONFIRMED:
Ash,
Ayasechick,
VWGuam.

The plan so far is still pretty much the same;
Thomas & I will ride down to Yokohama – although it may not be just the two of us, depending on whether Alan and any other people want to join us as well.

Yokohama station, East exit!
At 9:00am.
We'll all meet there, and roll out at 9:30.
It will take us a little over an hour to get to Kamakura.
We'll have a short break there, and then head south-east along the coast towards Misaki.
The Go-Go-Gals will continue directly east to the Onsen/Restaurant (about 30km), and should be there around midday (noon).

The guys will continue down to the southern tip of the Misaki peninsular before turning almost directly north to where the girls will be waiting for us after their bath (about 55km) – and hopefully we'll have a bit of a tailwind to speed us on our way.

Nobu-chan posted this thread a few weeks ago – Here's the English translation:

SPAで日頃の疲れを癒し、その後、思いっきり栄養補給:p
まだ、行ったことがない所なので・・・・期待で胸がワクワクしていますが・・・・いかがでしょうか?
Onsen in the middle of the day, refresh ourselves, and then eat to our hearts content! I'm already excited... How about it Gals?

海の見えるSPA(温泉)、観音崎京急ホテル内 SPASSO
You can see the ocean from the onsen inside the Kannon-zaki Tokyu Hotel, "SPASSO"!
http://go-spasso.jp/top.html

ガールズのみなさま
SPA&食べ放題プラン(3300円)がいいなぁ~と思っています。
For the Go-Go-Gals, it will be \3,300 for the onsen & all you can eat lunch.
http://go-spasso.jp/plan/index.html

ボーイスのみなさま
食べ放題のランチ (2300円)
For the guys,
A \2,300 smorgasbord lunch about 1:30pm!!!
http://www.kannon-kqh.co.jp/index03.html

And finally for those who can't make it…
Xnavalav8r (Ted),
Gmason (Greg).
SHIBAGON: 柴山さん、来られなくて本当に残念ですね!でも大島でマイ・ロードの皆さんと楽しんで行ってらっしゃ~い!気を付けて行って来てね!T
Really sorry to hear that you can't be there!

There's still a lot of time for people to work out their respective schedules, and for people who are still thinking about it.
The pace won't be fast, but it won't be snail's-pace either - there are always little "friendly races" in between, but we all stop & wait for the last rider when there's a turn-off.

In the meantime, "Good Luck" to the guys & gals going in next weeks' Fuji hill-climb race! Hope you all do well.
Travis

P.S. It looks like the "Tour de Unagi 3" ride will take place in late November - most probably Friday the 23rd, OR Saturday the 24th!

Thomas & I will ride down to Yokohama – although it may not be just the two of us, depending on whether Alan and any other people want to join us as well.

Travis

Let me know place and time to meet you and Thomas in central Tokyo (I'm near Tennozu Ilse),
and I'll be there.

David

All,

sadly, it looks as though I will be leaving Japan sooner than planned, and the Fuji hill Climb will be my last ride out with the TCC (I plan to enjoy the 3 days), so few opportunities due to work:mad:.
Unfortunately I have to dance to the paymasters tune (don't we all) and if I am called I have to run! :bike:

To those of you who make the Yokosuka tour, enjoy!
I will be thinking of you all ,as I was really looking forward to the day out - in an attempt to ease the move I have already been in touch with fellow peddlars at home to arrange a couple of 'drink-a-pedals' (social rides via several English pubs) to ease the pain of leaving. I will try to post reports and pictures for your entertainment:D

As soon as I have my leaving date confirmed I shall be arranging an evening at a local watering hole to say farewell to the friends I have made here in Japan.
I'll drop a line here incase anybody is interested in a beer or two.

TTFN (for the un-initiated Winnie the Pooh! Ta Ta For Now)

Greg

Yokosuka Ride

Sorry, must withdrawl: working everyday at least till the end of October
(月ー火ー水ー木ー金ー土ー日):):(

good to go!

hi

Just to let you know I am good to go! Looking forward to it!:D

Ash

One week away...

Final call for Yokosuka!
My original intention for this ride was so that those living on or near the Yokosuka Naval Base could come out and meet with the regular TCC riders.
But it looks like most of them have gone back home:
xnavalav8r,
VWGuam,
Ayasechick,
etc...

Anyway, after mentioning it to Nobu-chan, she checked the internet to find a really nice place to take a "hot-spring" with the Go-Go-Gals, and for us guys to have a decent "all-you-can-eat" lunch for a reasonable price! \2,300.

Besides, it's a great course over really nice roads along the coast, so we ain't gonna waste the opportunity!
Those still coming are:

Travis,
Thomas,
Alan,
TrufflesEater (Dave),
Phil,
Shay,
Ash (Maybe - I read about your trip to hospital - Hope you're OK!).

Go-Go-Gals:
Naomi,
Nobu,
Shinobu.

That makes 9 definite riders for the day! - More than enough for a good day out.
Thomas & I will ride down to Yokohama (as usual) with possibly;
Dave (TrufflesEater), AlanW and maybe Naomi as well (4-5 people).
>Phil: Are you OK to ride down too? - maybe make 6 of us!?
>しのぶさんは、どうする?輪行か自走で行くか?
We'll be riding along Rte.15, so the easiest place to meet up for everyone riding from Tokyo is the West-exit of "Shinagawa" station at 7:15am - roll-out at 7:30 to be in Yokohama before 9:00.
>Thomas: I'll leave home at 6:00, and meet you at 6:30 on the corner of Meiji & Shin-Ohashi-dori, and we'll head to Shinagawa where we'll meet everyone else.
We'll meet the rest of the crew in Yokohama at 9:00, and hopefully everyone will be ready to go by 9:30. Then we'll all roll out slowly towards Kamakura,
It's a 110km loop from Yokohama, but it's an even century round trip from Shinagawa.

Once again, this is a "social" ride and the pace won't be fast (not until after we say goodbye to girls after Kamakura, anyway), so if anyone else wants to come along, please put your name(s) down!

See you all there!
Looking forward to it...
Travis

...But don't laugh when I fall over because of new pedals and shoes

Final call for Yokosuka!

We'll be riding along Rte.15, so the easiest place to meet up for everyone riding from Tokyo is the West-exit of "Shinagawa" station at 7:15am - roll-out at 7:30 to be in Yokohama before 9:00.

Travis

See you there at 7:15 am on Saturday.

David aka TrufflesEater

Come on!
Everybody gets laughed at by their mates for comedy falls due to failure to unclip. 'tis a rite of passage.

AW (long-time SPD user)

Miura Ride

Looks like I might be able to go; count me in!:)

Need to arrange a rendezvous posit and time; what route will the Tokyoites be taking? I`ll calculate an intercept.

>Phil: Are you OK to ride down too? - maybe make 6 of us!?

Hi Travis--I'll be coming in on the train from Chiba, so the best bet for me I think is to stay on the train to Yokohama and meet everyone there at the "official" rendezvous. Looking forward to it!

sorry, iam out of this one, not quite fit enough for that type of run yet.

have fun everyone!

Ash

Unclip safely

Dave,
AKA Truffleater:

Just remeber to twist the oot and you'll be ine. Also, you'll not get that nasty squeek! when it's wet.
Trust me you'll only fall once - after that it's 2nd nature.:cool:

Enjoy the ride guys - I'm with you in spirit!!

Greg

Almost there!

>Thomas: See you 10 minutes earlier, at 6:20! Meiji & Shin-O-hashi.

>AlanW: I'm assuming you'll be at Shinagawa station by 7:15 (with or without Naomi? - I heard about her cold from Nobu).

>TrufflesEater: See you there too, with your new clips (BTW, as Alan said, it's a "rite of passage").

>Phil Harris: Glad you can make it! We'll be on Rte.15 all the way! If we stick to the current schedule, we'll be crossing Tamagawa at about 8:10, and then rolling past Tsurumi at about 8:25 - With 25 minutes to Yokohama from there.

Once we get to Yokohama, we'll be meeting the Go-Go-Gals, and everyone else...

>Phil: Coming from Chiba, I think the train is a wise choice. See you there!
>Nobu: 愛してる!
>Naomi: 風邪が治るように!そうしたら、自走で来るか?輪行か?
>Shinobu: どうする?自走だったら、僕とThomasと(6:40ぐらいに)新橋の周辺からでいいかな~?

>Shay: What's happening your way? Bring some of your USAF buddies, and make a day of it! Only two days left, so let us know what's happening, please!

>Ash: Shame you can't come with us too! Get well soon buddy! T

>gmason: Hey Greg, thanks for your kind wishes... Wish you were here too!

I think that's it for the arrangements.
It will be great to ride with all of you - some of you for the first time (Phil, Phil Harris).
See you on Saturday morning!
Travis

Back
Top Bottom