What's new

O-Toge TT

kpykc

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2007
Hello folks!

This Saturday, 11.00, Otsuki st. TT up to O-Toge!

Should be nice and cool at 1500 meters. No plan afterwards - just ride back home somehow.

Any takers?

Sergey, I'd like to join you but heading to watch some fireworks tomorrow. Have a good ride;)

Sergey, I'd like to join you but heading to watch some fireworks tomorrow. Have a good ride;)

It must be a hell of a show you're heading to, Mike, if you prefer it to the fireworks on O-Toge ;)

Deej, you can relax - I didn't break your time :D
In fact, there's even no result... because the only day in more than a year's time, that I decide to take train to Otsuki to ride up O-toge - a big tree falls over the railroad somewhere in Uenohara and JR is in a mess.

I had to start riding from Takao (taking a long cut on the wonderful rt.30 from Uenohara), and by the time I reached Magi intersection, I realized - O-toge would not be mine. Rode up to the 1st gate at 8km, to remind myself how brutally long and steep that climb is, and turned back.

Real pity, but now I am double motivated to do it again. I am thinking to take an early train to Otsuki again during the next week.

Deej, you can relax - I didn't break your time :D

Whatever made you think I was worried? :warau: Seriously, though, I was really looking forward to see how you'd do. I'm guessing you'd be sub-1 hour. By all accounts, it sounds like you're riding strong, my friend. What a bummer about that tree! When I saw your post, I so badly wanted to say "I'm in!" But the latest addition to my family has made things busy around the Deej household.

A sub-hour Otoge is a major goal for this year, and I hope to give it a shot this fall. As far as I know, Clay is the only TCC-er who's cracked (more like shattered) that mark, but we all know he's juiced, so... :)

I've done, like, zero climbing recently, but hopefully I can get my climbing legs back after a couple of consecutive weekends in the hills. Maybe we can hit Otoge together next time!

Deej

Philip, that's brilliant mate. I can just imagine Deej out there with a hand sore hacking through the wood, shouting O- Toge is mine Sergey!

Back
Top Bottom