What's new

Article Now i am starting to get the hang of it! This series of interviews Is about cycling in India with Madover Biking

Perfuro Martin

Vendor
Vendor
Mar 10, 2020
I interviewed Rahul Garg from Delhi India, who is the founder of Madover Biking. This community platform organises cycling events and races in India. Cycling in India, as a sport and recreation, not to be confused with occupational, has grown exponentially in recent years and there has been a need for some organisation in the sport. Not only are they competing on the crowded streets of Dehli but also on Zwift with their own teams. See PART1 here and PART2 in this 6 part series. I will release the other videos in coming weeks.

I assume you are posting this for comments, as it clearly has nothing to do with cycling in Tokyo.

So here is my constructive criticism.
1) as there are no visuals at all, and the hand held logo to start off does nothing to inspire brand confidence. Why not make it a podcast? Then you don't need to worry about making it visually interesting.
2) what's your story? I'm not really seeing your angle here? Besides obviously your own brand goals.
3) If your goal is to make a series about cycling why not make it that and have it sponsored by your company, presented as a third party sponsor? Then it doesn't come off as purely a tool to drive your own brand, people can smell this kind of infomercial a mile off.
4) Choose a subject that's actually interesting. There are a million cycling stories, even local ones, there are a bunch of Tokyo locals that have done crazy rides, endurance stuff, that are racing... whatever... That could be presented in an interesting way.

all the best mate! You're just starting out so it will take a while to get the formula right...

Hey Blob, yes thanks for your comments. Agreed that there are not so many visuals but sometimes people like to see the people talking. My original intentions were a podcast but this was very easy to produce. I am working up to Graham Norton status but without the camp (or your next favourite interviewer - Ahnman maybe). As for being an infomercial, well you are not correct there. There is only very little of my content here, but yes any exposure of my brand is good. I am genuinely interested in cycling and cycling around the world. Of course, i can discuss mainstream cycling issues, with a thousand other people, but my intent is to find interesting situations that are not in my back yard and a little bit different, at this stage anyway.
Yes, the intro is bizarre, and I made it to be a little retro / scratchy rather than a plain screenshot. Call it artistic license.
I am sorry that you don't find my content interesting, it is a very subjective thing. I welcome stories from anyone and if anyone has a story to tell, feel free to contact me. I usually construct a list of questions that guide the conversation that is approved prior to the interview.
Finally, thanks for the feedback - it means a lot and helps me out! Cheers.

I just reread my original post. I didn't mean it to come off so negative. Anyway good on you for getting out there and having a go. Looking forward to seeing what you can come up with in the future.

Back
Top Bottom