What's new

Today November 2022

Seven days ago I rode from Saruhashi station up to the top of Matsuhime pass and down via Kosuge and Okutama back home. Yesterday I rode from Itsukaichi station to the top of Kazahari pass (via the mushroom centre, of course) and down via Okutama to Haijima station, whence I lazily took the train. And thus two non-trivial climbs within one week.

I'd advertised both rides but there was little interest; perhaps because my slowness is notorious and people who might like the routes realize that they might have to do an awful lot of WATTing. But perhaps also because both routes are extraordinarily simple (a major reason why they appeal to me; I forget any and all route complications), so people really have no need to be "led" along either.

Cycling is notoriously an expensive sport, what with carbon fibre frames, power meters, Di-2, integrated cockpits, etc;* but luckily actually riding one's technological marvel outside 23-ku brings opportunities to make minor savings elsewhere, ferinstance:

PB128241s.JPG

I took advantage of this very attractive offer.

* Not that I have sufficient intelligence to have any of these myself.

Enoshima will be doing a small Fireworks show at 6pm during the weekdays.
I stumbled upon it yesterday and found out it will be all week.

I'm heading back to Brisbane for holidays next month with a week in North Queensland to visit family. No bike while at folks place but rented bike for a week in Brisbane & have a week of routes lined up.

Have done all of my shopping online already & shipped to parents. New gravel shoes, bike radar, winter gloves thanks to sales and sizes being available. Looks like I'll need to get myself a new cycling computer after my Wahoo stopped being water resistant with glue problem on screen.

Attachments

• BC4D5BAE-5588-4FDD-9271-C8D19ABF5E99.jpeg
    BC4D5BAE-5588-4FDD-9271-C8D19ABF5E99.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 06EB901B-80C3-4B5A-8F4C-809C2996ABC5.jpeg
    06EB901B-80C3-4B5A-8F4C-809C2996ABC5.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 1
I'm heading back to Brisbane for holidays next month with a week in North Queensland to visit family. No bike while at folks place but rented bike for a week in Brisbane & have a week of routes lined up.

Have done all of my shopping online already & shipped to parents. New gravel shoes, bike radar, winter gloves thanks to sales and sizes being available. Looks like I'll need to get myself a new cycling computer after my Wahoo stopped being water resistant with glue problem on screen.
How long had you had the Wahoo before it broke?

I ended up with an extra garmin edge 130 plus (thru a credit card/shipping snafu). Actually been thinking to list it here in the classifieds. PM me an offer?
Thanks for offer, but I need more powerful navigation for when I'm always getting myself lost taking shortcuts, larger screen and bigger battery.

Well I put the wrong date in calendar and missed Sotagura winter marathon. It was today not tomorrow

Update on the shoulder/hip...
I have gotten in 100k this week. 75road/25 trail.
I have not done anything aggressive and I am trying to hold out another week or so before really testing it, but for now I am happy I am feeling progress.
A task that was almost impossible on Sunday is only a tiny bit of discomfort now... taking off a tshirt.

Hope everyone is making the most of the lovely weather lately and getting ready to Mariah Carey.

November 20, 2022 Sunday
Today l ask you guys a quick question ❓
Today l will make a couple of decisions of what to do, but I'll stick with the first decision.

1. I will travel by bike, train and ferry ⛴️.
Should l go to Hokkaido or Okinawa?
My plan is to leave in early April. I live in Yamaguchi ken. When l, in the past, l would be traveling for up to 90 days.
I'm open to hear some thoughts. Camping included, hopefully just a few guest 🏠.
Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom