What's new

Today November 2017 and other stuff

Yeah, completely summer kit here in Tokyo. The only difference is the amount of sweat now. You can actually cruise without breaking a sweat at all in the morning or evening (commutes) if you take it easy. Finally!

Nice and balmy here too.

Better weather in November than I had in the UK in August.

Back then I did a TT on a mate's winter commuter complete with mudguards.

Tomorrow I'll do a TT on my bike modified with the bits and bobs I've got in the garage.

The prize for the winner is:FB_IMG_1509746181332.jpg

the Trek TT bike above.

Too small for me. But the wife has her heart set on an eye turning commuter!

The usual blog here:

http://www.jyonnobitime.com/time/2017/11/build-week-2-2.html

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Mtb race yesterday at tama hills recreation facility. The was was 6 laps, but threedistinctly differebt segments for me.

First 2 laps, a struggle to get going. As we were getting sorted out, i willingly yielded positions.

Laps 3&4 were less of a struggle, but my legs wee feeling less tight.

Laps 5&6 things clicked and i had to play catch up. Had a three way battle that eventually turned into a two way battle. On lap 5 we both leared who was faster where. On lap six,that info came in handy. He tried to get away where he wss strongest knowing i was faster for the rest of the trail. I dug deep and just stayed on his wheel never letting him get more than 3 bike lengths on me. As soon as that was over he looked back only to see me on his wheel going into his weakest section. He switched his line to being defensive and i overlapped wheels with him several times. In the last right, he lost his front wheel in roots while defwbding a line. I stopped briefly to check on him and ensure he was ok. Once he was on his feet, i gave him a bro hug, hopped on my bike and sprinted the last couple turns and straight to claim p14 out of 40 riders.

Not bad for one of the oldest guys on the grid with a daughter that kept him up past midnight the night of the race.

Wow... would edit that post if I could... assuming you get to picture tho.

8 ºC and windy.I wasn't feeling like riding fast so took a few detours on unridden tree lined roads and found some really nice picturesque valleys. I think old man winter may have just turned over and opened an eye. I was off the bike for pretty much a month with a new build and typhoons most weekends but today the brass monkey was rattling. A few more weeks before things get very unsavory. IMG_1468.jpg

Nice and balmy here too.

Better weather in November than I had in the UK in August.

Back then I did a TT on a mate's winter commuter complete with mudguards.

Tomorrow I'll do a TT on my bike modified with the bits and bobs I've got in the garage.

The prize for the winner is:View attachment 15940

the Trek TT bike above.

Too small for me. But the wife has her heart set on an eye turning commuter!

The usual blog here:

http://www.jyonnobitime.com/time/2017/11/build-week-2-2.html

Andy

The Yamanami TT yesterday.

I was happy to beat Niigata's finest who are peaking for Okinawa next weekend.

The usual race report here:

http://www.jyonnobitime.com/time/2017/11/yamanami-tt-race-report.html

I got to take home the Trek Speed Concept.

Now I need Enosan in the bike shop here to get it to accomodate my gangly frame.

All going well, I hope to use this bike to focus on TT races in 2018.

Here we go!

Andy

59fff0541d00003b007f44cb.jpeg

Fired for posting this of herself on social media:
59fe0af21d00002a007f4354.jpeg

I have no issue for her being fired.
You work as a government contractor and you not only do something childish, you celebrate it until you get your internet fame... then you get canned.
If you work for Microsoft and flick off Bill Gates... I imagine the result to be no different.

Funny part she is not playing the victim card a bit...

I saw the splits on my race... My last lap was my fastest - and that included stopping to check on the other racer.
I looked at others splits and it seems while I was marginally faster on the later laps... everyone else around me dropped off considerably.
I didn't pull away from anyone, I just outlasted them.

SInce then... 2 days of commuting and a noticeable "twang" in my left hamstring. I need to lost about 10kg if I am ever gonna get faster on the climbs.

First time riding around in Tokyo/Kanagawa, last weekend.
Had a meeting Friday night and a weekend of "research" I needed to get done involving many trips across town, so I packed up my old cf bike and brought it with me.
Interesting to see a lot of "bike lane" markers on what was basically the side of a normal road. Seems like the gov making the absolute minimal effort. That said, there were quite a few people commuting in the streets, several riding dangerously slow or against traffic without lights on at night.
Couple trips between northern Tokyo and Yokohama and all around southern Tokyo meant I got just under 200km in in two days before my knees started giving me trouble. Not too bad considering I was only riding to places to meet people and am not in shape by any means.

The Yamanami TT yesterday.

I was happy to beat Niigata's finest who are peaking for Okinawa next weekend.

The usual race report here:

http://www.jyonnobitime.com/time/2017/11/yamanami-tt-race-report.html

I got to take home the Trek Speed Concept.

Now I need Enosan in the bike shop here to get it to accomodate my gangly frame.

All going well, I hope to use this bike to focus on TT races in 2018.

Here we go!

Andy

So the wife isn't getting it?

First time riding around in Tokyo/Kanagawa, last weekend.
Had a meeting Friday night and a weekend of "research" I needed to get done involving many trips across town, so I packed up my old cf bike and brought it with me.
Interesting to see a lot of "bike lane" markers on what was basically the side of a normal road. Seems like the gov making the absolute minimal effort. That said, there were quite a few people commuting in the streets, several riding dangerously slow or against traffic without lights on at night.
Couple trips between northern Tokyo and Yokohama and all around southern Tokyo meant I got just under 200km in in two days before my knees started giving me trouble. Not too bad considering I was only riding to places to meet people and am not in shape by any means.

So the wife isn't getting it?

I was always intrigued that David Millar, at a similar build to me, could ride a 54:

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/pro-bike-david-millars-garmin-transitions-felt-da-26101/

I'll get it set up on the rig at the bike shop this weekend. Hopefully it will work. If not, the wife's Christmas present is sorted!

Might have to invest in a bike lock too...

Andy

It seems garmin servers are down or something. I've been trying to upload/sync today's ride, and it doesn't work.

I can get to calendar, activities, etc., but can't do a sync...?

military installation of some kind is being set up along Arakawa from yesterday. never seen anything like this before. do they know/expect something we don't? another Tonkin bay in the making?

MAH03917(2).jpg

MAH03917(3).jpg

Back
Top Bottom