What's new

not in the kanto but hi

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
Aomori here but I drop in occasionally to check things out. Have biked most of the Kanto, Tohoku and Hokkaido so if you have any touring questions feel free to ask. I ride road and mtb and commute to work usually by bike,even today, -5 degrees.

Aomori here but I drop in occasionally to check things out. Have biked most of the Kanto, Tohoku and Hokkaido so if you have any touring questions feel free to ask. I ride road and mtb and commute to work usually by bike,even today, -5 degrees.

:welcome:

Welcome aboard, Simon! Hats off for riding in those freezing temperatures! :confused:

I'd love to go to Aomori by bike once, especially touring Towada-ko and the Oirase valley. Hope to meet you once you're in the Kanto area.

PS: interesting avatar you're using... that seems to be a village in my home country, lol.

Recommended Ride

Ride up to Ohminato on the Shimokita Hanto for their small town Nebuta festival. It`s usually during the first week of August. There is a small Ryokan in town that charges ー泊 (no 食) 4500 yen named Hatanaka Ryokan
(畑中旅館). It is a small town and the festival is absolutely magic; you should have no trouble getting a room the day of the festival - arrive early.

I rode from Misawa to Ohminato (via Noheji) along the Mutsu Wan coast for the festival in 2005 (played Taiko drums with the Kaijyo Jietai group).

:welcome:

PS: interesting avatar you're using... that seems to be a village in my home country, lol.
i haven't been there but this is apparently the most stolen road sign in the world. picture stolen from wikipedia.

Next year - Golden week!

Kiwisimon,
Once (if?) I finish this trip of Kyushu, I'll have completed the whole of Southern Japan - down from Tokyo!
I've already ridden from Tokyo - Kyoto! Then Kyoto - Shimonoseki.
So next year, the trip will be from Tokyo up to Aomori - I'm thinking 6 days for the whole trip. 3 days to Sendai, then another 3 up the middle to Aomori.
Phil Harris, you've already ridden down from the opposite direction - How about a trip back up?
Thomas, I know you're busy with work, but if you can change some of your schedule from "here to there",,, Golden Week is still a long way off, but if you can juggle things around, and do the ride too, that would be awesome!
Back to you, kiwisimon, if you too can find the time in (out of) your schedule, how about jumping on the train, and meeting us at Sendai for the last three days back to Aomori?
Just a thought! Everyone, let me know what you all think about it!
yoroshiku! T

yeah if i can get the time off.can probably get another rider or two to join us as well. plenty of room for people to crash for a night or two up here as well. now that seed might have hit fertile soil.

Back
Top Bottom