What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Wanted northwave ratchet replacement

jackonaboardman

Speeding Up
Jul 2, 2012
does anyone have a pair of these for sale? or know where I can pick some up in Tokyo? I bought my shoes at Friend in Asagaya but they seemingly have no clue where I can get replacement parts in Japan Y's road were about as useful....

I was hoping to pick some up by the weekend. I've found a few places in the uk stocking them online but 10 days riding on flat pedals isn't that appealing.

Thanks for the link though.

Just get a new pair of shoes. Buying the most expensive ones you can find is the generally accepted procedure.

But if the new shoes out value the pedals... you must quickly upgrade those as well!
Face it, if the crank is dull and the pedals bling.. you might look to upgrading that as well.
And one upgrade to the drive train really means it is time for a new drive train.
Di2 is accepted. Oh, your frame is not compatible? Guess you should replace that too.

I am willing to bet, if you buy a new Di2 bike with some spiffy pedals, they may throw in the shoes for free.
And if the shoes are free, you have solved your shoe problem at no cost for shoes.

Win/Win.

In seriousness, just like pads for bid shorts, not all shoe manufacturers make their own ratchets. I was able to replace my bont ones with sidi easily. So maybe check out some pictures online and you might recognize that a brand more readily available here has what you need...
In general, I find Nalsima and Ys wear in Ueno to carry a large selection of shoes from different makers...

does anyone have a pair of these for sale? or know where I can pick some up in Tokyo? I bought my shoes at Friend in Asagaya but they seemingly have no clue where I can get replacement parts in Japan Y's road were about as useful....

did you sort this out? I have a single spare Mavic ratchet going....spare

I also recently replaced a bont ratchet, both the plastic ladder thingy and the closing mechanism. For the record, bont, sidi and dhb are interchangable.

Back
Top Bottom