What's new

Norikura!

Pucci

Speeding Up
Jul 12, 2006
Norikura is the biggest Hill-Climb race in Japan; 3,000 riders, 1,400 meter climb. The goal is at 2,700 meters and is the highest spot on any public road in Japan. A great race, and done my way, a great ride to the race over two passes from Yabuhara in Kiso. Race is 8/25, 26.

The catch is that entries begin on Monday April 2 and will fill up completely within just a few hours. Entries that arrive earlier than Monday morning will be rejected. If you want in, act now and make sure your entry arrive on Monday morning. No sooner, no later.

http://www.mspo.jp/norikura/entry.html

Aaron.

Sounds good!

Hey Aaron,
I reckon I'll be in for that one.
Can you post the registration site for people wanting to check it on Monday morning, please?
Rubber down! T

Norikura - the ultimate

Practiced this last August and could not get to the top ! This was the final straw and the motivation for Project Minus 10 ! I have nearly completed this coming down from a meaty 85kg to a gossamer 75kg since then - just 500g to go !

Will not chance a real entry but definitely going back to attempt it again some time around Obon. It is a fabulous area if you like onsen too !

Recommended

Charles

How to enter!

I found the site, but as Pucci said, entry doesn't start until Monday morning (4/2).
All the available entry places will probably fill up that day - possibly before mid-afternoon, so if you want to enter you will only have a short window of time to get in.
The site is all in Japanese, so you should get a Japanese friend to help you with it next Monday morning.
Anyway, here it is!
http://www.mspo.jp/norikura/

Good luck! Travis

More info

I called the organizers and got some more info on Norikura.

They have changed the entry system this year. In previous years it was a race to get the secret cash envelopes to the Toranomon headquarters of the JCA on Monday morning. This year, the entry site is open from April 2 until April 20. At the end of that period they will take all the entries and hold a raffle. Lucky bikers get to race and the rest have a free weekend at the end or August. They usually turn away over 1,000 entries. Race fee is 6,000 yen.

If any one wants to enter and had difficulties, I can help.

Team name!

To Aaron and Terry,
I have some Japanese friends that I go cycling with frequently - one of them broke his finger last weekend....
Anyway, their group is called "AlpenMarker" - And their site is just a billboard kind of thing:
http://bbs.35hr.com/bbs/mkg.cgi?pwdps=4649&id=alpinemk
I checked their site tonight, and they also have 3 guys who want to do "Norikura".
But they said that, having a team of six people makes it easier to get in, and easier to find cheap accommodation.

I can't advocate taking away the "TCC" team name, but if it looks like we might form a group - 3 of our guys, and 3 of theirs - can you sign in with the team name as, 「アルペンマーカー」 。

>Thomas: I've told them about you, and they've seen this site - They loved it!
Except they can't read English. You and Sora-san will meet most of the guys when we go to Kusatsu. Nobu-san has met most of the guys/gals from there before too.
Also, they asked about an "SNS" site set-up (I don't even know what that is), but if you have any information you can give them, please talk to them at Kusatsu.

よろしく! Travis

>Thomas: I've told them about you, and they've seen this site - They loved it! Except they can't read English. You and Sora-san will meet most of the guys when we go to Kusatsu. Nobu-san has met most of the guys/gals from there before too. Also, they asked about an "SNS" site set-up (I don't even know what that is), but if you have any information you can give them, please talk to them at Kusatsu.

Looking forward to meeting the guys. Glad they liked the site. Even if they cannot read English, they can still post in Japanese. I am not quite sure what SNS actually is, but I guess they refer to "social network services".

Back
Top Bottom