NOOB on the BOOB

macrophotofly

Maximum Pace
Aug 27, 2012
London, UK
www.macrophotofly.com
Hi,
Just got into doing a little cycling round Tokyo and joined up to this website. I now fancy doing one or two of these Rides on here (such as WhiteGiant's BOOB ride), but I know nothing about the rules of getting your bike on public transport.
What do I need to know about getting a bike on the trains?
Thanks,
MacFly

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
多摩区
Welcome to the TCC! There's plenty of threads and discussions right here on the forum, just search for "bike bags" or "rinko-bukuro".

macrophotofly

Maximum Pace
Aug 27, 2012
London, UK
www.macrophotofly.com
Thank you for the welcome's! The link was really helpful too so I don't get stressed about what a bag is and how much needs to fit. Now to get a couple of weekend rides in round town to get the fitness levels up before going out t'hills

While this threads open can I ask another quick NOOB question...
I'm at Ichigaya and looking for any good local bike shops (more for parts than a bike). I've found Y's at Akasaka (good if I want something discounted or end of the line) and also Y's + Tokyo Hands at Shibuya (both good in their own way), but wondered if there's any Aladdin's caves closer to me, say Shinjuku or Iidabashi ?

Also is there any online secondhand bike/parts sales? I know eBay isn't here and my Japanese is limited at the moment. Need to get the wife a bike plus like picking up the odd bargain project (plus getting that hover board spare parts:cool:)

Sorry for all the questions!

joewein

Maximum Pace
Oct 25, 2011
Setagaya, Tokyo
joewein.net
The Y's main store is in Shinjuku (I sometimes go there). The JP equivalent to eBay is Yahoo Auction.