What's new

NOOB on the BOOB

macrophotofly

Maximum Pace
Aug 27, 2012
Hi,
Just got into doing a little cycling round Tokyo and joined up to this website. I now fancy doing one or two of these Rides on here (such as WhiteGiant's BOOB ride), but I know nothing about the rules of getting your bike on public transport.
What do I need to know about getting a bike on the trains?
Thanks,
MacFly

Welcome to the TCC! There's plenty of threads and discussions right here on the forum, just search for "bike bags" or "rinko-bukuro".

Thank you for the welcome's! The link was really helpful too so I don't get stressed about what a bag is and how much needs to fit. Now to get a couple of weekend rides in round town to get the fitness levels up before going out t'hills

While this threads open can I ask another quick NOOB question...
I'm at Ichigaya and looking for any good local bike shops (more for parts than a bike). I've found Y's at Akasaka (good if I want something discounted or end of the line) and also Y's + Tokyo Hands at Shibuya (both good in their own way), but wondered if there's any Aladdin's caves closer to me, say Shinjuku or Iidabashi ?

Also is there any online secondhand bike/parts sales? I know eBay isn't here and my Japanese is limited at the moment. Need to get the wife a bike plus like picking up the odd bargain project (plus getting that hover board spare parts:cool:)

Sorry for all the questions!

The Y's main store is in Shinjuku (I sometimes go there). The JP equivalent to eBay is Yahoo Auction.

Back
Top Bottom