What's new

Nokogiri Rindo?

Davad

Warming-Up
Oct 15, 2008
Hey Ohisashiburi

Does anyone know if the paved road that links the 411, just west of Okutama station, south to the 205, west of Musashi Itsukaichi station, is open again? I`m not sure what this road is called, but it climbs up steeply up the north side of Nokogiri mountain; the 900m pass has the `big tower` 大タワ I think it`s called.... The south side is more gentle down to the 205...
There were a few landslides there last summer and the road was closed.
Anyone done this recently??
Sorry don`t the real name of it, if there is one...

Thanks!

Sorry, haven't been there for a while, but I would just try. The northside is just prone to landslides, so I think it is rather unpredictable. I have climbed over the massive one last year (as I climb over many landslides here and there), but I have to say that one was pretty dangerous.

It is OK!

Hi !

I rode on the 9th this month.It was all OK.And,the pass is Ohdawa(大ダワ).It was a hard bad road in old time.But now is a complete pavement road.Go ahead!!

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/yo8661/archive/2010/5/9

hiroshi

Hey Ohisashiburi

Does anyone know if the paved road that links the 411, just west of Okutama station, south to the 205, west of Musashi Itsukaichi station, is open again? I`m not sure what this road is called, but it climbs up steeply up the north side of Nokogiri mountain; the 900m pass has the `big tower` 大タワ I think it`s called.... The south side is more gentle down to the 205...
There were a few landslides there last summer and the road was closed.
Anyone done this recently??
Sorry don`t the real name of it, if there is one...

Thanks!

Hiroshi thanks - great info!

Ludwig I too have scrambled unwisely over landslides on that road: this was exactly one year ago...

Yes, I did the same one. But at least you had someone watching, to potentially rescue you in case you fall 20m down that slope... I was on my own...:eek:

I don`t think I would have done it on my own! There was a constant trickling sound of pebbles and sand gradually sliding down off of it everywhere....
Really creepy.

As the surface of the road is much better on the north side than the south, I would recommend climbing the South side and decending the North.

I have climbed this route many times. Though the North is prone to landslides, I have never come across one that forced me to turn back. Most are like the photo that Davad posted.

Back
Top Bottom