What's new

Nobeyama CX

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Signup is on Sports Entry

C1 to C3 races are on November 18th.

See you there!

This is a great spectator event as well with food and beer vendors. Last year there was a huge display of Hunter custom frames and also Indepentent Fabrication frames. There was also a small barn full of discounted Rapha clothing and bikes for demo by specialized. This event grows every year and I expect nothing less this year. Come out and enjoy the racing!

Im racing it on your recommendation mate so if its crap - I know where you live! LOL :D

We'll be there!

Sign up ASAP, it filled up last year a few weeks before deadline. Will you all be staying the night? I am contemplating staying the night of the race so that I can fully partake in the festivities.

Going up with the president of CS Japan so probably staying the night.

Oh and it fills up reall Quick! Also lots of the big international names are coming out to Japan for Nobeyama and also Tokyo CX.

Not racing, just gonna bring some cowbells and proper potatoes.

Cross Races

Hey all, I'm down in Okinawa but I hope to make it to the mainland this season to do some cyclocross racing....are there single speed categories? Is there a web site (preferably in English) where I can find cross races?

Thanks,
Geoff

http://homepage3.nifty.com/cyclocross/pc.html

This covers all the races.

Nobeyama is the single speed cyclocross national championships. (I raced it last year, I most likely will enter it again. 40 + riders) All of the other races though, you race against other geared riders, meaning no specific category ( I could be wrong, someone told me this last year). You can race two races in one day if you are a single
speeder at Nobeyama.

Thanks! This helps a lot....might be a tight fit with Tour de Okinawa so close behind!

Tim the single speed Championships is on the Saturday but from what I know the bike needs to be a freewheel - need to double check.

Yes, typically if it's USC / UCI sanctioned they run altogether the same rigs. SSCX is 'freewheel' with 35mm max tire and drop bars (just like geared CX). OBRA, which has far more races / racers allows just about anything. And they let the freewheel / fixed ride together in same starting group.

I have a few BMX freewheels that work good for this and use with a smaller BDC crank so I can run a 38 / 39 front ring. I'd love to have one of the White Trials Freewheels! 22T with 72 point engagement!

QUOTE=FarEast;53971]Tim the single speed Championships is on the Saturday but from what I know the bike needs to be a freewheel - need to double check.[/QUOTE]

Cool - yeah there are cross events in the UK and Europe where it's anything goes but the SS event is on Saturday and not the day of the JCF races so you might be able to run a fixed - thus why I'm suggesting talking to them and seeing what the regs are Daisuke is a cool cat so I wouldn't be suprised if its ok to run fixed.

If the weather is decent, I'll do my best to get there as a spectator -- would love to get to Nobeyama, see this and cheer on TCC ...

Signed up and paid 2 weeks ago Chuck - Im hoping my team bike will be here by then!!! :confused:

Can someone please send me the link to the race on sports entry? I'm also looking for assistance / advice......where should I fly into from Okinawa? Where should I stay? How do I get to the race venue?

What category do I sign up for if this is my first cyclocross race in Japan? I plan to do the single speed race on the 17th.

I really appreciate any help I can get!

Geoff

Back
Top Bottom