What's new

No plans for training camps?

baribari

Maximum Pace
May 28, 2010
Just out of curiosity, I don't suppose anyone has plans to hold a training camp in Japan any time soon?

As far as I can tell its been a few years since the last one.

Honest answer; the previous ones were business ventures by people no longer active on the scene. The proliferation of the Internet, power meters and strava negate the need for these nowadays.

Feel free to come out shredding with us though. That is the ultimate training.

I guess I'll have to buy a bus ticket to Tokyo and reserve a hotel some weekend you're doing a nice long, flat ride... since I would get dropped in 30 seconds on the hills. lol.

So you were looking for a training camp that only happens on the flats? Sounds like you need a dose of HTFU.

I guess I'll have to buy a bus ticket to Tokyo and reserve a hotel some weekend you're doing a nice long, flat ride... since I would get dropped in 30 seconds on the hills. lol.

No, not exactly, but I wouldn't want to slow a group ride down too much. Now, a training ride would be a different matter as long as its WATT...

Hey, I'm KOM on a lot of local climbs... for my weight class. hehehe.

Any local group rides you can think of that have stronger riders than you? A bit of competition is a good way to get faster.

Reactions: TCC
Yes. I have a friend who races in the Jitsugyodan but he's so fast I might as well be riding by myself if we're on the hills and he isn't in the mood to humor me.

I'm still trying to find people with ride with here... seeing as how I've been in the area for five years I'm not doing a very good job.

I just searched for that WATaFSR means.

Damn it, I almost burst out laughing at work. Hehehe.

WATaFaR surely?

I supposed SR could mean 'several rats'

@baribari You live near mountains, but you want to get a bus to ride down in a more metropolital, concreted area on the flat.

You have got it completely the wrong way round.

Get on Strava and you will find people in your local area to ride with, or at the very least you will find some decent routes and see what the fast boys are doing so you have something to aim for.

Can you message people over Strava?

Yes, I know the place I live is a great place for cycling, but a group ride in Tokyo sounds like a nice change of pace. I don't get out of the area enough anyway. Plus I wasn't able to register for Chokai this year...

The fast boys climb my usual hill in less than half the time it takes me. I would have to increase my FTP to about 600 watts to do that... hehehe.

Back
Top Bottom