What's new

Nitto handlebars in Tokyo?

Boban

Warming-Up
Aug 23, 2014
Hi

I'm in Tokyo for the next couple of weeks and wanted to check with you all on a good source for Nitto drop handlebars and stem. Also any places which sell vintage lugged steel frames and parts for these? I've got a couple of vintage rides back home and am planning a new build.
Many thanks for the help!

Bob

Good shouts from Hat and Beard.

I's also add that for vintage frames, Cycle Paradise always has some interesting bits and pieces.

http://www.cypara.com/shop-info/

The addresses are in Japanese, but Google maps will be able to find them if you copy and paste. I would recommend Kyodo and Mitaka branches as the best. You can see the type of stuff they have on the webshop but best to go in and see what they have.

http://www.cypara.net/shopbrand/003/020/X/page1/order/

They also carry erratic stock of second hand Nitto componets.

Thank you folks, this is very helpful!
So I can't read or speak Japanese and the online translation services don't seem to be so spot on....so, can somebody tell me what the timings are like for the Blue Lug and which days are holidays?
Ditto for Cycly and Cypara....
thanks so much all, this is awesome info!

Blue Lug = 1pm to 10pm.Wednesday closed.
Cycly = 10am to 8pm. Wednesday closed.
Which Cypara branch do you want info on?

Could you also please let me know where Velocraft (http://www.c-w-s.co.jp/velocraft) is located and their weekday holiday? I'm unable to copy paste the japanese address in their website onto google maps as it's an image. Thanks so much!
Bob

I'm unable to copy paste the japanese address in their website onto google maps as it's an image.

Standard utterly pathetic Japanese web design.

Velocraft = Weekdays 11am - 8pm, Saturdays 10am - 8pm (assume they consider Sunday a 'weekday' or opening times.) Closed Tuesday and Wednesday.

Located at Kichioji (go to Kichioji station, and go out the North Exit (look for the 北口 sign),

Map to exact location; I can not locate it on Google Maps, in reference to the map on the website, because again, utterly ridiculously sh*t Japanese map creation and a refusal to use modern international standards of internet mapping technology. Someone else might be able to help, but otherwise you are going to have to go for a wander, and see if you can bump into it, based on their crap map.

Great, I'll just take a walk around as you pointed out and hopefully trip across their store. Thanks

@TCC: google agrees with that when you plug in 東京都武蔵野市吉祥寺本町 4-3-14

So I visited Cypara, Cycly and Blue Lug today! Really enjoyed visiting Blue Lug, must say and chattijg with Aki!
Thanks foebthe directions!
Planning to drop by Sexon Super Peace tomorrow- is the location shown on Google Maps incorrect? I tried going to the location shown on the map last week but couldn't find it.

Planning to drop by Sexon Super Peace tomorrow- is the location shown on Google Maps incorrect? I tried going to the location shown on the map last week but couldn't find it.

You can use Google Streetview to check. Here it is.

Tel:03-3485-5506‎‎
Open:12:30 - 20:30
Holidays:None

Standard utterly pathetic Japanese web design.
rant.jpg
the people that can read this probably don't need it. Jeebus this is so not logical and it happens in most countries' websites. Why not just have a global icon with a refresh logo instead? BTW this is from a Swiss company's website. End of rant, I feel better.

Back
Top Bottom