Newbie in Machida

A.McC

A.McC

Warming-Up
Aug 11, 2018
Hi! New to riding but picking it up fast. Looking for likeminded riding friends For challenging / social group rides or long out of City or hill rides.
Also love running & swimming.
Any other girls out there?
Boys welcome too!

K

Kanamori2017

Cruising
Feb 7, 2017
Try riding down (or up) the sagai-kawa, have a swim at enoshima. If you see a short-fat-old man, that's me in Machida.

leicaman

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Asakadai, Saitama
Hi! New to riding but picking it up fast. Looking for likeminded riding friends For challenging / social group rides or long out of City or hill rides.
Also love running & swimming.
Any other girls out there?
Boys welcome too!
Hi there
Welcome to the forum. I don’t really know your area too well as I live over in Saitama but I’m sure there are people who ride out that way on this forum. Keep your eye on the ride section for rides near you.

A.McC

A.McC

Warming-Up
Aug 11, 2018
Try riding down (or up) the sagai-kawa, have a swim at enoshima. If you see a short-fat-old man, that's me in Machida.
Thx! I’ve found the Sakai river & often do the swimmat enoshima or Hayama. Very lovely!

A.McC

A.McC

Warming-Up
Aug 11, 2018
Hi there
Welcome to the forum. I don’t really know your area too well as I live over in Saitama but I’m sure there are people who ride out that way on this forum. Keep your eye on the ride section for rides near you.
Thx. I’ll do that. Im from Australia where we have so many local riding groups with various objectives. Just wondering if there was something like that in Tokyo. Both social and competitive.

K

Kanamori2017

Cruising
Feb 7, 2017
Ozzies in Machida - what next? Where abouts in Machida are you?

stu_kawagoe

stu_kawagoe

Maximum Pace
Jun 23, 2018
Welcome and nice to meet you! You might also want to join the Triathlon in Tokyo google group if you’re interested and haven’t done so already. They seem to have quite a bit going on around your area - not helpful to me in landlocked Saitama😢

Btw, I haven’t been riding that long either but I’ve found the veterans on this forum really helpful when I’ve asked questions.

Half-Fast Mike

Half-Fast Mike

Maximum Pace
May 22, 2007
Kawasaki
halffastcycling.com
Ozzies in Machida - what next? Where abouts in Machida are you?
I'm guessing you're in Kanamori, which name I recognise because I lived there for a while in 1990. Still have friends there - although not such good friends otherwise they would have told me that their address changed - along with the whole Kanamori addressing system - in 2012. We talk 5 or 6 times a year, but it never came up. Huh.

GrantT

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
Setagaya
Thx. I’ll do that. Im from Australia where we have so many local riding groups with various objectives. Just wondering if there was something like that in Tokyo. Both social and competitive.
There are lots of different riding groups around. A nearby shop that specializes in road bikes should be able to point you in the right direction. Many of them have a riding team or organize group rides. If you are looking for just English language group rides then like leicaman says, the rides section of this forum is the place to look!

K

Kanamori2017

Cruising
Feb 7, 2017
I'm guessing you're in Kanamori, which name I recognise because I lived there for a while in 1990. Still have friends there - although not such good friends otherwise they would have told me that their address changed - along with the whole Kanamori addressing system - in 2012. We talk 5 or 6 times a year, but it never came up. Huh.
Oh no you broke my code :D - Started living here on and off since 1997, any overlap?