What's new

newbee from Arakawa

kimm

Maximum Pace
Dec 25, 2009
Hi all.

I'm Kimm from South Korea and living in arakawaku.
I stopped the riding for 1yrs because of my health was not good.
But, finally I overcome the illness and started the bike from this week!!!

Is there anyone who rides bike in Arakawa-river or group-riding team?
If so, could I participate that riding? :)

And, I did entry to Duathlon race, Minami Kanto-taikai, 7th of Feb, 2010.
you can find the information about this race by below link.
http://www.calfman.jp/s7/minami/index.html
5km run, 40km bike, 5km run.
It's quite good race and and you'll like this race definetely!!

Is there anyone who interests to join this with me?
I will race by age-group. 30 over. :)

Thanks,

Kimm

Hey Kimm,

Welcome to the forums, Glad to hear that your riding again, I also restarted riding this year after a broken knee.

Great information on the race, not sure if its my style but there are a few here that would be interested.

Welcome to TCC!

Hope we'll get to ride together soon - although I ride mostly on Tamagawa and in the west of Tokyo, there are many members who live closer to Arakawa.

Thanks for posting the race info - I was thinking of switching to running during the winter. What you posted fits perfectly!

I am thinking of joining the Minami Kanto one, maybe we can meet for a ride - I'de love to hear the details of this race. Let me know if you plan to venture to the west side anytime soon :)

welcome! I'll probably be moving near the Arakawa come April. Check out "half fast cyclists" too, they do rides along there.

interesting race you mention... keep us updated!

Thanks for the reply and happy to hear from you guys.

> FarEast
I'll start the hill-climing/long-distance(200km?)/triathlon race from next year.
maybe JCRC as well? But, not seriously considering JCRC yet.
But, positive to challenge my pyshical limitation until I couldn't move my body. :)
Anyhow, I'll post some race event.

> kpykc
very welcome to hear from you.
I've never been to Tamagawa but Tsurumiga once.
Anyhow, we'll talk about the detail later.
i'll send you a message.

> koribeyer
thanks for the info. I'll see that. When you come to arakawa,
let me know about it and maybe we can ride together.

Kimm,

Actually the JCRC series is a very good place to start, my wife did the last race of the season and enjoyed it.

Kimm,

Actually the JCRC series is a very good place to start, my wife did the last race of the season and enjoyed it.

Hello FarEast,

I am very interested to join some JCRC race. Do you know how it works? Thank you for your reply.

Hello FarEast,

I am very interested to join some JCRC race. Do you know how it works? Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately it is hard to get started with JCRC unless you can read Japanese well or somebody can help you with registration.

The first step is to get an SID number for each rider.
http://www.jcrc-net.jp/kitei09/2009hatu.html

You don't need a team name but if you can have one ready when you register.

The races are listed on the website and they'll have the 2010 calendar up by the end of Feb if not sooner.

http://www.jcrc-net.jp/

Registering for races is just as difficult.
You can do it online if you have an SID number...
Sometimes they let you register via the allsports website which is a bit easier but I don't think JCRC use them anymore. (it was a little easier).

You have to also figure out where the races are...????

We often put each JCRC race here on TCC and there are kids races at all of them as far as I know. The categories will be listed for each event with distances.

The hitachinaka course/race in June is probably the easiest for kids and adults to start with...

There are no kids races at the OI Tour Of Japan race in May...

My son did 2 races but in the end he was not really interested... I hope he gets back into it one day... He was getting really fast when he gave up.

Unfortunately it is hard to get started with JCRC unless you can read Japanese well or somebody can help you with registration.

The first step is to get an SID number for each rider.
http://www.jcrc-net.jp/kitei09/2009hatu.html

You don't need a team name but if you can have one ready when you register.

The races are listed on the website and they'll have the 2010 calendar up by the end of Feb if not sooner.

http://www.jcrc-net.jp/

Registering for races is just as difficult.
You can do it online if you have an SID number...
Sometimes they let you register via the allsports website which is a bit easier but I don't think JCRC use them anymore. (it was a little easier).

You have to also figure out where the races are...????

We often put each JCRC race here on TCC and there are kids races at all of them as far as I know. The categories will be listed for each event with distances.

The hitachinaka course/race in June is probably the easiest for kids and adults to start with...

There are no kids races at the OI Tour Of Japan race in May...

My son did 2 races but in the end he was not really interested... I hope he gets back into it one day... He was getting really fast when he gave up.

Hello Edogawakikkoman,

Thank you for this information. I will ask the help of my gf to register. I hope it will not be difficult to join races like sending forms etc. The online registration is very convenient, I think.

Good luck with encouraging your son to race again.

Hi Edogawakikkoman,

Thank you for detail information about JCRC. It's great help for me too.
Is there any serious group in TCC for JCRC? I mean, like a regular exercise and race entry. Even my final goal is Okinawa/Nagasaki ironman, I'm quite
interested with Cycling race as well.
Thanks,
Kim

Hi Kimm,

This is the JCRC D-class Champion for 2009 writing.

JCRC races are fun, but they are also dangerous - many crashes, especially in flat races (because the less experienced don't fall behind so easily).

Most races are quite short - actually the lower the class, the shorter. Though irrespective of class, all races get longer over the season. You have to work your way up by being among the first six in a race, which is not so easy - though it of course depends on your skill and the competition.

So all in all, not sure this is a good way to train up for triathlons. But if you have other ambitions as well, why not try (if you are comfortable with taking risks).

Personally, I found them great fun - I'm less keen on endurance races because I can train endurance easily myself and am unlikely to ever win one. I found the races fun because they require both good (and improving) physical condition and skill at not crashing (of course also luck) and skill at drafting and sprinting.

Having said this though, I will not compete seriously again - I'm just too scared that one day I will crash badly.

Cheers, Ludwig

Hi Ludwig,

Thanks for the good information and advice from you!
Actually, I've heard same advice from my friend that lower level's race is
very dangerous and I could be crashed even if I don't do any wrong things.
And, that's my bottle neck why I can not be seriously with JCRC race at this moment. Uhm, but it sounds really enjoyable to race in JCRC. :)
Thanks again, and I hope I see you someday in D-class or upper.

Kimm

Back
Top Bottom