What's new

Ride New Years Eve Boso (Tues, 31st)

Phil

Maximum Pace
Sep 1, 2007
This is a bit last minute and a day when most of us are dutifully peeling mikans with inlaws and watching really awful TV...but if you're not, Jessie and I are heading out of Honda Station 誉田駅 on the Sotobo Line for a Boso run on New Years Eve, and would welcome extra company.

Aiming to roll out at 8:40 AM, back at 3:30 or so-ish. If I have chance tomorrow I'll post a map, but basically we are thinking of 120-140 kms to Kameyama, Otaki, Yoro-keikoku, the usual suspects. A few rindos, always up and down, relatively moderate but steady pace, minimal stops.

Let us know if you'd like to join us, or just be at the south exit of the station by 8:30 AM.

Hi Phil, that seems like an interesting ride. I'll definitely come along. See you at the south exit of Honda station by 8:30am tomorrow.

William, Musashi, great! See you both tomorrow. As I warned Jessie there's a chance I'll be a few minutes late, but we'll try to be rolling by 8:40 am.

Honda, they don't have lockers there, do they? :eek:

Any chance of that map? The lead can be shared if I get a map for the Garmin.

Have fun guys. No lockers but you can stash your stuff by the bicycle park, on the left hand side when you come out the station.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok. I try to join. (Trying refers to getting up on time :)
I guess I am going to add an extra loop via Mt. Kiyosumi to Kamogawa.

good ramen there as well! when you get to the station turn right and go about 500m just as the road goes up over a bridge on the right. Perfect post ride feed!

Hello Phil, William, Norman and Musashi13 - Thanks a lot for the ride today.. It was more than what I have expected - great company, pace, course and weather.
Apologies if I wasn't able to say bye bye to you guys as you were ahead at my turn off point, it was nice meeting all of you nonetheless! Have a very Happy New Year, Have a Great One!

I really enjoyed that:D

Got my Rapha Festive500 total in for the Strava challenge and it didn't feel like a chore. Thanks for sorting out the ride @Phil
Was great to meet you @jecjec81 Sorry I missed you leaving:oops:
@Stormy I hope you got the km you needed and made it back before dark
And @William London enjoy your race and New Year's in Japan. Maybe see you in the summer.

Was great fun. I was on track for 3:45pm arrival at Honda, but then got lost on last 12km. I tried one of Phil's special rindos, which ended up in the middle of the forest with Garmin telling me all directions wrong. When I followed both turn-offs, they actually ended up in the same spot "classic loop" :)

Great ride, and yes: Festive 500 is complete.

Like Jessie said, tougher than expected, with another stint in the autobus for me (making a habit of that recently). But great ride nonetheless, mostly thanks to the excellent company. Morning was a tough for me physically, and all those ice patches didn't help, but definitely felt better after lunch. New Years resolution is to lose kgs--and this was a good start!

Anyway, great way to finish of the year, and looking forward to more in 2014.

@jecjec81 > Thanks for the idea--let me know next time you're in Toke.
@Musashi13 > Was great riding with you again and having a chance to gripe about tedious climbs.
@William London > Good luck in Motegi, and see you next trip.
@Stormy > Glad you made it back okay, congrats on the extra mileage. You weren't very far behind us in the end!

Phil, Jessie, Norman and Musashi13

I really enjoyed today's ride in Boso. To prepare me for Motegi in 3 days' time, I wanted a long ride with some harder efforts. So, today's ride fitted the bill. There were lots of short climbs sprinkled throughout the ride.

It was a pleasure to meet you and ride with you guys.

Hopefully, I'll get to ride with you again either in the summer or next December.

Happy New Year!

Back
Top Bottom