For Sale New TRP Hy/Rd PM disc brakes

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
Looks like your brake pads hit the rotor arms, and you don't really want that. Good thing I brought this up eh

Conrad

Maximum Pace
Dec 8, 2014
Yes, I think you may have saved me a potential headache in the future, and I'll probably get better braking with a wide rotor. Thanks for the heads up :)

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
I got the only rotor I could find on Amazon right now with the specs I need. It is resin only, and that could be its downfall, but it should work while I get something better for the mid term. Only about a thousand yen too

Gunjira

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2009
Tokyo
Luka, glad you were able to buy a caliper. Like I wrote you, I’m keeping mine for another project, rather than selling it cheap.

Good luck with the rotors, shouldn’t make too much of a difference if you go with the very cheap ones.

Btw, m525 pads are fairly narrow, so unless you are running other super lightweight/narrow rotors (which the shimano ones are not) you won’t have any problems. Btw, the stock red trp pads are pretty bad and won’t last you long. You can find better ones around, I always buy the ceramic ones from disco takes.

If you still find your braking performance lacking, take a good look at your cables, as that makes a huge difference even with the by/rds. Enjoy...

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
thanks for letting me know @Gunjira did not feel too well the last couple of days, and also too busy so have yet to made final adjustments and checks, but pretty sure I'm all set for the time being as is now. I hope there's no need to change anything (cables and pads incl) for at least 6 months now, but will come back and ask the forum for advice if/when needed. glad I've got the caliper as it looks like we'll get along (hope I'm not speaking too soon)

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
sounds great. I've got rid of the front rub now by simply pushing the pistons in and refitting the wheel back. with my commuting, 5000km should be close to a full year I think!