What's new

New Towing Record...... For me.... I think...

StuInTokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 3, 2010
Did a VERY heavy delivery today, maybe the heaviest ever.......... :eek:

111_KG_load.jpg

I've weighed everything in there so I do know how much it all weighs, 111Kg/244lbs.
The trailer weighs an additional 30Kg/66lbs for a total of 141Kg/310lbs...... give or take a little :rolleyes: :D

Starting off from each traffic light was certainly work, but all it all, I just kept the speed down and went easy, no problems.

The trailer carried the load without breaking, and handled just fine, it certainly was heavy, and boy did I appreciate the disc brakes on the Mixer, but it ended up as uneventful. :cool:

Cheers!

Wow. Hard to beat that. Nice work. What's next, a trailer for your trailer? Something to think about. Ha. :)

Might your loads be getting lighter from now on, if the tales of impending beer shortages are to be believed? :confused:

Might your loads be getting lighter from now on, if the tales of impending beer shortages are to be believed? :confused:

What "Impending" there are beer shortages right now:eek: Just about impossible to get Sapporo, I understand their factory that supplies the Kanto area was badly damaged, the other beer makers have also had some problems due to the rolling blackouts, and people are staying home and drinking hard! We have been seriously busy since the quake, doing lots of business, but often we are not able to replace the stock we have sold.

Lots of local festivals have also been canceled for the coming months.

:eek:uch:

http://www.asahi.com/english/TKY201103310180.html

I always wonder if you keep your trailer light and take a fast corner does it go sideways??
It'd be fun drifting with a bicycle! :)

In fact I knew it was bad. I just didn't want to cause panic ..... :rain:

What "Impending" there are beer shortages right now:eek: Just about impossible to get Sapporo, I understand their factory that supplies the Kanto area was badly damaged, the other beer makers have also had some problems due to the rolling blackouts, and people are staying home and drinking hard! We have been seriously busy since the quake, doing lots of business, but often we are not able to replace the stock we have sold.

Lots of local festivals have also been canceled for the coming months.

:eek:uch:

http://www.asahi.com/english/TKY201103310180.html

Plain ol' sapporo nama is my brew of choice (black circle, gold star). There's one sitting to my left right now. It tastes great (an especially good brew for when summer is hot), and along with all its positive qualities it's only 4.5% alcohol, not the 5.5 of some others. Ichiban-shibori is good, but it makes me dizzy too fast. Sapporo's still on the shelves on this side of the country.

Actually, there was a sapporo beer that I really like called five star, but I only found it a couple times, and that was months ago now. I hope Sapporo is not absorbed or taken over by one of the bigger companies as a result of the disaster.

Plain ol' sapporo nama is my brew of choice (black circle, gold star). There's one sitting to my left right now. It tastes great (an especially good brew for when summer is hot), and along with all its positive qualities it's only 4.5% alcohol, not the 5.5 of some others. Ichiban-shibori is good, but it makes me dizzy too fast. Sapporo's still on the shelves on this side of the country.

Actually, there was a sapporo beer that I really like called five star, but I only found it a couple times, and that was months ago now. I hope Sapporo is not absorbed or taken over by one of the bigger companies as a result of the disaster.

Yep, Sapporo Black Label is a decent brew, but for my money none of the big four make much that above decent.

I'm really liking most of the beer coming from these guys up in Niigata

http://www.niigatabeer.jp/beer page/all beer.html

:D

Well, I've out done myself again......

153point8_a.jpg

153point8_b.jpg

My old record was 141Kg/310lbs, today I did 153.8Kg/339lbs

Let me tell you, that is a heavy load :D

I was stopped at one intersection near my house, the road slopes away from the traffic light every so slightly. When I put one foot down with both brakes on, the trailer started to drag me backwards, I had to put both feet down and hold the bike and trailer from going in reverse. The when I went to leave as the light turned green, well, that first 10' or so was hard work!

Otherwise, no problem at all!

Oh yeah, the bike weighs 18.2Kg/40lbs so the total I was moving down the road was 172Kg/379lbs:D:bike: I don't need much of a hill to get a GOOD workout ;)

That is crazy Stu. If I were you and had your mechanical know-how, I would be tempted to through an electric assist on the trailer, maybe some fancy disc brakes too. Anything like that in the pipeline?

That is crazy Stu. If I were you and had your mechanical know-how, I would be tempted to through an electric assist on the trailer, maybe some fancy disc brakes too. Anything like that in the pipeline?

Electrical assist, no way, that's cheating!! :D

I have some thoughts on a new trailer that would use disc brakes, but only thinking right now :angel:

Back
Top Bottom