What's new

new Tokyo~Itoigawa route

..what the hell is a "spinach" / "tiramisu" extension bar? :confused:

I believe this is the "spinacchi" bar:

s-051217DSC02057.jpg

I am interested in joining this.
Reading through the tread I saw comments about the new route being both easier and more challenging than earlier years.
I wasn't able to open any of the links with the route details to check the total altitude gains or steepness of the climbs.

Nice to have the option of staggered starting time within the same team.

I wasn't able to open any of the links with the route details to check the total altitude gains or steepness of the climbs.

I am not sure what your problem is. This link worked fine on both Google Chrome and on the Android browser:
http://yj.pn/dCV82e

Do you have Javascript disabled?

I am not sure what your problem is. This link worked fine on both Google Chrome and on the Android browser:
http://yj.pn/dCV82e

Do you have Javascript disabled?

I can't open it either. Google Chrome tells me that the Silverlightt plugin is not responsive and Firefox tells me that the plugin has crashed :(

safari, on a mac (obviously), everything about the route and mapping works fine.

chrome works fine, too.

First thing is to figure out who is interested in riding as part of a TCC team.

I have on my list of potential riders:

1. Those who rode last year (Travis, Gunnar, Yair, Steve T and myself), plus
FarEast (rode 2010), and

2. those others who have commented or expressed interest here:

IkedaWilliams
EricinIkebukuro
Pedro
joewein
basilleroux
bartek

Any others? Would be good to have a clear idea of who plans to apply by early March. As I recall, unlike some events they do offer refunds of most of the application fee if it turns out you cannot make it and give reasonable notice.

I would like to join this and can commit to the date.

When to the applications become available?

Just out of curiousity, why is it called `Tokyo-Itoigawa` when it starts nearly 100km to the west? Was it named by the same guy who christens airports?

I tried reading through it but im not really sure where it says to enter. its all the info about the event and prices but does it have an email or number I need to contact?

Eric:

Sorry about that. Attached as a JPEG file is the application page, with my personal info redacted (if you entered last year, you get one already filled out, with a bar code identifier and entry number -- I think that is probably why Tom did not upload his).

The applications and entry fees for a team need to be bundled together and sent to Takahashi-san in Chiba at the address on the materials (p. 2 of what Tom uploaded), no later than March 24. You need someone to organize this for the GS Astuto team.

Best,
David

Thank you so much, that helps me a whole bunch. I'll talk to tim about getting this organized!

Eric:

Sorry about that. Attached as a JPEG file is the application page, with my personal info redacted (if you entered last year, you get one already filled out, with a bar code identifier and entry number -- I think that is probably why Tom did not upload his).

The applications and entry fees for a team need to be bundled together and sent to Takahashi-san in Chiba at the address on the materials (p. 2 of what Tom uploaded), no later than March 24. You need someone to organize this for the GS Astuto team.

Best,
David

Just wondering. Can a person send an application seperately and just indicate the team?

And if it has to be done in a bundle is there anyone doing it for the TCC team?

I'm not in on this, but due to some lazy, overdue browsing, I've just noticed that the last 15-20km down the coast is on route 8.

Hopefully it's different up that way, and of course coming in from the north you avoid going straight up thru Hakuba and the tunnels (which may be the trade-off), but locally route 8 is probably the most truck-laden, heavily-trafficked, noisy and fume-bound road there is.

I truly hope it's different there...

Route 8 runs inland south through Niigata city, Nagaoka, Kashiwazaki and then Joetsu. After Joetsu it becomes the coast road. It can be a busy road but nothing like the dual carriage way beast it is through Kanazawa. Winding along the coast with some nice views. Much safer than the road through Matsumoto too. Just the usual caution of riding on a national road...

By the way, the coast road north of Kashiwazaki up to Niigata is a quiet and beautiful road. After Niigata and heading up through Yamagata, Akita and Aomori, it's an even better road still.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Back
Top Bottom