What's new

new Tokyo~Itoigawa route

Yes, Pete/Pedro.

I expect that when sign up starts, the organizers will post to their blog, including sign up info (in Japanese) that can be downloaded. They may send a mailing to those of us who participated last year.

I and others should check the blog from time to time:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/tokyoitoigawa/

At that point we will know the deadline for team entries and the other details, and can organize for people to submit their entries and fees to one person (I can do this, unless I have a timing conflict, in which case we will need another volunteer) who can send them in for the team.

Stay tuned.

They may send a mailing to those of us who participated last year.

They'll definitely do that. Usually the stuff comes through late February but it will probably be later this year with the route changes.

I'll post here as soon as I hear anything.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Application pack came through today. There are a few different packages available depending on your accommodation / transport needs. Max 300 riders, 90 support staff. Checkpoint details will be posted onto the homepage later. Closing date March 24.

Andy

Where can I sign up for this?! I really want to join this race!

Also received mine yesterday. The decision to change the route so as to avoid the long tunnels near the end out of traffic safety considerations is very welcome. The new route looks more attractive and much more challenging :cool:! I think I will like the stretch along the coast and am hoping it will be against the wind (riding against the wind is my only real strength...:eek:)

Looks like equipment-related rules have become a bit stricter...aerobars are still permitted but may not stick out more than 15cm from the vertical line through the front wheel axle (well I guess that is normal).

Andy, I'm sending you a PM.

Application pack came through today. There are a few different packages available depending on your accommodation / transport needs. Max 300 riders, 90 support staff. Checkpoint details will be posted onto the homepage later. Closing date March 24.

Andy

Hmmmmm I do this race- ride then I might have to do it on one of these then:

1273482639714-2jhyezyz7id6-798-75.jpg

Applications Due March 24

The key point is that applications are due March 24 ... plenty of time (and well after I get back to Japan on March 9).

My wife tells me that I also got my application/package in the mail today, and presumably others who participated last year did so as well, besides Andy and Tom. The materials do not seem to be available online (yet) on the Toito blog.

If anyone who got the [Japanese language] materials can scan them and upload them for others, that would be great -- or I can do so eventually, but with less lead-time for decisions and submission.

First thing is to figure out who is interested in riding as part of a TCC team.

I have on my list of potential riders:

1. Those who rode last year (Travis, Gunnar, Yair, Steve T and myself), plus
FarEast (rode 2010), and

2. those others who have commented or expressed interest here:

IkedaWilliams
EricinIkebukuro
Pedro
joewein
basilleroux
bartek

Any others? Would be good to have a clear idea of who plans to apply by early March. As I recall, unlike some events they do offer refunds of most of the application fee if it turns out you cannot make it and give reasonable notice.

Once we know who plans to apply we can set up an email list for coordinating applications and subsequent steps.

I'm a definate, as long as you guys are happy to have me along! If I can download the entry, I can get someone from work to fill it out. Thanks again for all your help!

sexually intercourse it - Im in!

Although I will claim the privilage of "Doing a Tom" again this year.

I assume all cyclists who apply as members of one team (TCC) start at the same time?

I know I wouldn't be riding at the same pace and would have to start as early as possible. That's if I'm insane enough to sign up for this (I've got almost two months to train to double my longest distance)

If anyone who got the [Japanese language] materials can scan them and upload them for others, that would be great -- or I can do so eventually, but with less lead-time for decisions and submission. ...

DONE :angel:

(4 pages in all; bar-coded application form with personal info not included)

I assume all cyclists who apply as members of one team (TCC) start at the same time?

I know I wouldn't be riding at the same pace and would have to start as early as possible. That's if I'm insane enough to sign up for this (I've got almost two months to train to double my longest distance)

No, not by team but starting per order of your Target Time 目標タイムwhich you need to fill out on the participation application form...

Any others? Would be good to have a clear idea of who plans to apply by early March. As I recall, unlike some events they do offer refunds of most of the application fee if it turns out you cannot make it and give reasonable notice.

Once we know who plans to apply we can set up an email list for coordinating applications and subsequent steps.

Interested :)

I hate to disappoint anyone but for me I will be riding under The GS Astuto team. I think Tim will also be doing this ride too but not 100% sure yet.

I'm will be back even if I have ride a tricycle!

Ah, but tricycles are explicitly banned (along with recumbents and electrical bikes):

attachment.php

Back
Top Bottom