What's new

New to Urawa

Torontokyo

Warming-Up
Oct 18, 2013
Hi all,

I'm hoping that I will be able to meet some like-minded cyclists for weekend morning rides in the Urawa area. I just moved to Musashi-Urawa after a number of years in Chiba where I rode with L'Ottimo, Swacchi, and Road Bike Junkies.

I haven't had much luck in finding cycling teams/clubs in the area yet. If you're interested in riding or can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome Torontokyo.

Your local training ground is virtually next door. Check out the Arakawasaiko Park, you might find what you're looking for there. And if you are an early riser there are a couple of us that head over daily around 6am for a few laps - you are welcome to come and suffer with us. Otherwise it's a popular destination for a whole load of weekend warriors.

photo.png

Yes come and join the early morning festival of fun. Your just in time for the start of the winter northerlies!
Check the arakawa TT thread for a view of the course around the lake we mostly ride.

I also frequently do early morning weekend runs down to shin kiba and back when I can't get out to the mountains.

Thanks for the welcome Mlak and Blob. Appreciate your responses.

By 6 am I'm getting ready for work on weekdays, but if you're heading out on weekends I'd be game. If so, where abouts would I be able to meet up with you?

I'll check out the TT thread as well Blob. Thanks!

I have interest with this group..can i get cp one of u??
Looking for group who go on sunday morning

Hi Adi,

I believe you said you were new to cycling, if so a good place to start is the HFC beginner rides. We have a fairly high pace and you would have to be able to do an average of about 31/33km/hr to keep up.

We are also at saiko most mornings doing laps of the lake along with a bunch of other cyclists. Please drop by sometime. We are there from 6-7am.

I am new in cycling but i willtry my best
Where is the meeting point??xan i hav ur phone number blob??

No meeting place, we just lap the lake and meet up riding. Please remember we have our own training plans and we don't always ride together depending on our training plans, which basically means we go as fast as we like and don't expect others to wait or be able to keep up as the case may be.

If that is cool with you then come along anytime.

If you have a strava account please have a look at the TCC page and you can see our riding logs down there.

Wow cool
Blob..post ur bike here..i willtryto remember ur bike
Start at 6in morning..
Can u tell me which route that u ussually use??

Back
Top Bottom