What's new

New to Tokyo and looking for good bike shop

RhysinJapan

Warming-Up
Aug 25, 2013
Hi,

I've just moved to Tokyo from New Zealand. My road bike is arriving next week and looking for any suggestions on a good bike shop. I'm living in Minami Aoyama and understand I might need to travel to one but keen to get a hand from a bike shop to help put it back together / service. Am new to cycling so don't want to chance me doing it myself.

Will also check the threads for any suggested cycling routes.

Thanks in advance.

EFFECT in Setagaya - the owner of the shop is the Mechanic for Japan Pro Tour Team Cannondale Champion System.

Here's a googlemap of bike shops in/near Minami Aoyama. I don't know how fluid the labelling is; but as I look at the map now, Nalsima Frend is "E".

Though Effect is a short ride away, you wouldn't want to push a half-assembled bike there.

(Me, I know nothing about Effect and have no opinion of Nalsima.)

Thanks for all the suggestions. I stumbled across Nalsima and they were able to help me out - good shop. They were very helpful and there was a fella there that spoke English so that was definitely a big help considering my very poor Japanese. I've been back to Nalsimo a couple of times and seen 2 other shops in this area a place just a few doors down from the Natural Lawsons called Hip Hip Shake. Not sure what it is like but you can't miss it - bright pink store.

Going to get out for a couple of laps around Meiji Jingu Gaien Stadium to get the confidence up. Thanks again for the help.

By the way - noticed that Speshulized just opened a spanking new store right in my hood! Nishi Shinjuku. Looks like it is a double decker, too - lots of nice stuff in there.

Back
Top Bottom