New to Tokyo and looking for good bike shop

Aug 25, 2013
Hi,

I've just moved to Tokyo from New Zealand. My road bike is arriving next week and looking for any suggestions on a good bike shop. I'm living in Minami Aoyama and understand I might need to travel to one but keen to get a hand from a bike shop to help put it back together / service. Am new to cycling so don't want to chance me doing it myself.

Will also check the threads for any suggested cycling routes.

Thanks in advance.

microcord

Maximum Pace
Aug 28, 2012
Tokyo
Here's a googlemap of bike shops in/near Minami Aoyama. I don't know how fluid the labelling is; but as I look at the map now, Nalsima Frend is "E".

Though Effect is a short ride away, you wouldn't want to push a half-assembled bike there.

(Me, I know nothing about Effect and have no opinion of Nalsima.)

Aug 25, 2013
Thanks for all the suggestions. I stumbled across Nalsima and they were able to help me out - good shop. They were very helpful and there was a fella there that spoke English so that was definitely a big help considering my very poor Japanese. I've been back to Nalsimo a couple of times and seen 2 other shops in this area a place just a few doors down from the Natural Lawsons called Hip Hip Shake. Not sure what it is like but you can't miss it - bright pink store.

Going to get out for a couple of laps around Meiji Jingu Gaien Stadium to get the confidence up. Thanks again for the help.