What's new

New to the club, not so new to Japan

SteveT

Maximum Pace
Nov 11, 2007
Hello there,

First - what an amazing website ! I've taken the occasional peek at the TCC postings over the last year and even stolen a few tips for routes, but I've at last decided to put my name down. A few of those rides I've read about look outrageously tough, and the motto of your club, Cycling for Fun, leads me to believe there are more than just a few masochists out there. But I love the mountains as well, and in my ten plus years in Japan have managed to cover most of them, Kyushu thru to Hokkaido. Though at more of a slightly leisurely pace I dare say.

A little about myself. I'm from the UK and ride a battered heavy steel touring bike that has been through hell - with me - and I'd feel too guilty to trade it in for a younger slimmer model. I manage to get out to the mountains three or four times a month, mainly Chichibu/Tanzawa/Okutama way, but I don't like traffic and I don't like concrete so I bag my bike and ride the train there. When I can, I try to head off somewhere longer with a tent and list of onsen to hit...

Anyway, I look forward to joining one of your more modest rides out in the mountains someday. If I'm lucky, maybe one or two people will look as bad in lyrca as I do -

Cheers
Steve

Welcome Steve . . .

I am glad you have introduced yourself at last :) You are very welcome to join us any time. If you get the chance to write up one of your trips I would be very interested.

Cheers,

Philip

Welcome

Welcome to TCC and the Touring bike is welcome. The riders or the rides aren't as bad as it sounds. We do wait at the top for the leisurely riders...Right Sora....LOL.

Welcome

Steve,
Welcome, I too am pretty new to this site. It seems we ride some of the same routes. My friends and I usually meet around Fussa City and pedal out to Okutama, Chichibu, etc. Maybe we will run into you someday or you could join us for our leisurly (all out for most of us:p1:) rides..

Dave

hello steve i 'm stephane

it seeems you like exporing the country by bike with the luggage on and everything

just like i do

i m a freenc primary school teacher and i musut confess i ve got spare time

do you live in tokyo?

i do in takadanobaba
im looking for people to ride on xeekends and eventually for long runs on vacations

so if you haev plans for the next month please let me know

my personnal maill is [email protected]

hope to meet you soon

stephane

Thanks --

Hello everyone -

Thanks very much for the welcome! I'm definitely up for a ride sometime - I can be the tortoise to your hare, or something like that.

Philip - I will try and write up a trip sometime. I know I've got photos already online somewhere of my last trip round Kyushu. Will just have to "prune" them a little before releasing to the general public...

Freeride39 - Your photo shows you flying above a road. It may be a while before I join one of your events ...

Dave - I know the area. Actually I did try a little mountain-biking starting from Fussa many years back. Well, more like hiking with a shopping-trolley really, but I did get an appreciation for the mountains west of Tokyo and it all kind of started from there.

Stephane - I live up the road from you, in Asagaya. Do you have a bike-bag ? "spare time" is something I don't get enough of unfortunately, so I maximise my time in the green-stuff by taking my bike on the train. I'll let you know once I can get organised enough to set up a ride over the next few weeks

Cheers --
Steve

Random picture from Yahoo, that's all, not me!

Hello everyone -

Thanks very much for the welcome! I'm definitely up for a ride sometime - I can be the tortoise to your hare, or something like that.

Philip - I will try and write up a trip sometime. I know I've got photos already online somewhere of my last trip round Kyushu. Will just have to "prune" them a little before releasing to the general public...

Freeride39 - Your photo shows you flying above a road. It may be a while before I join one of your events ...

Dave - I know the area. Actually I did try a little mountain-biking starting from Fussa many years back. Well, more like hiking with a shopping-trolley really, but I did get an appreciation for the mountains west of Tokyo and it all kind of started from there.

Stephane - I live up the road from you, in Asagaya. Do you have a bike-bag ? "spare time" is something I don't get enough of unfortunately, so I maximise my time in the green-stuff by taking my bike on the train. I'll let you know once I can get organised enough to set up a ride over the next few weeks

Cheers --
Steve

Hi Steve, and welcome (...though you've probably been lurking here longer than I)! If you like quiter roads, don't forget to consider the east side of Kanto too--Chiba doesn't have the big mountains of Kanagawa, but there are lots of pleasant back roads and rural lanes to explore, especially in south Boso. Let me know if you're ever up for a ride this end of town...

Back
Top Bottom