New to Setagaya-ku, Looking for routes and ride buddies.

Emma

Speeding Up
Sep 16, 2014
Hi All,

I've just moved here from London and keen to get out on my bike. I've been down to the Tamagawa a couple of times, but would rather get out of town and in to the hills if possible. I would like to ride with others to meet some fellow cyclists and get to know some routes, are there set times/places you guys meet at weekends for club rides that newbies can join in? Would particularly like to meet other ladies to ride with, Japanese or non-Japanese (I can speak some Japanese).

Thanks in advance
Emma

rommelgc

Maximum Pace
Sep 3, 2009
Setagaya
Welcome to the forums (and Setagaya)!
The HF crew has a meeting point near Futakotamagawa. You can see @Half-Fast Mike post the details here
Or sign up for the weekly newsletter (as sometimes the rides doesn't get posted in the forums).

get out of town and in to the hills
Go west for some mountains/passes (Okutama, Wada, Iriyama, etc).

Bluebell

Maximum Pace
Apr 1, 2013
Hi, Emma,

Hopefully, I could be your good ride partner. I have not joined TCC ride yet but am going to join soon. Let's get together at TCC ride.
Also, I sometimes go to hills & mountains with bike bag. I will contact you when I go out.

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
Setagaya
Welcome to Setagaya. You can actually reach lots of hills to the West of Tokyo by following the Tamagawa.

A route to Takao is here, a route to Musashi-Itsukaishi here, and to Ome here. All are good places to start climbing from.