What's new

New to cycling

Preston Page

Warming-Up
Apr 22, 2020
Hi there,
I just entered into the cycling world and am quickly falling in love.
I am hoping to link up with some other rookies out there and do some group riding... I figure it will become even more enjoyable with a group.
Anyways, still figuring this whole thing out but would love to join in on some group or partner rides.
Nice to meet you all

-Preston

Welcome Aboard, Peston. I've found this site invaluable since I started cycling a couple of years ago. Lots of helpful advice from members when you ask questions and the archives are fairly extensive. Once the coronavirus has passed, people will start posting rides again in the "Rides" section, which are a fun way to meet other cyclist in the Tokyo area too. Hope to see you out on the roads!

Great, looking forward to it! Any local Tokyo riding areas you guys can recommend?

Usually I pick a theme or a goal that shapes my ride. It started as distances of 25km rides, then worked my way up to 40, 50km. Rides like, "I wonder if I can get to Kamakura and back?" or just local rides to meet a friend at cafes.

recommended rides depend on what side of town people are on. Personally I like heading out to Kawagoe along the Arakawa river, train out to Hanno riding along the Iruma river.

Back
Top Bottom