What's new

New Steed

Mike,

If you know someone who is going on the Friday, they can do your "uketsuke" registration for you. If not, apply anyway and call up to make an excuse on the Friday. There is always an allocation for people to do the registration on race day, they just don't promote it.

The racers' meeting is not compulsary. We could have our own racer's meeting in a pub somewhere after the race!

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Andy, I had a look at the 'challenge race' and only being 24km it kind of turned me off. Not really worth the money for train and staying overnight I thought. Do you have a licence? Would a JCF licence get me into the bigger race and are you racing?

Sorry James, Mike and I are hijacking your thread here!

Mike, the challenge race is 2 laps. 2nd lap takes a short cut. It has the long climb twice and the steep climb (past the golf club) once.

The open race is 6 laps. 6th lap takes a short cut. Long climb 6 times, steep climb 5 times.

I would say both are challenging. As a yardstick I finished around 50th in the open race in 2008 with my friend Tazaki san. In 2009 he did the challenge race and came 2nd in a sprint.

Looking at the info more closely, you need a JCF licence for both I think. If you click the links I posted, there are links to the appropriate application forms. They used to have English ones but I can't see them this year (I'm sure you can fill in all the details such as name and address in English anyway).

I will put in my application for the open race. It's really tough. I can handle the climbs but I lose track on the descent (scary). I don't have the condition for it right now, but I'm hoping I will get there by October.....

By the way, there is an anime DVD about the Japan Cup which is well worth watching. As a bonus feature they have a camera go around the course so you can check it out. The world championships were held there too so I'm sure you can see something on youtube.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Back
Top Bottom