What's new

New Steed

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
As some of you know I signed with the team Fuji-Cyclingtime.com in early August and have been racing under thier colours in the JCRC series and some upcomming events.

I final got the bike that I will be racing built up and I have to say Im very impressed with the overall build and quality.

With full Dura Ace 7900 and 7950, alloy stem and bars along with the Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL's she weighs in at exactly 7.5kg.

With the custom made Pro-Lite carbon bars, stem and seat post and saddle and the lighter Dura Ace wheels she should weigh in at a touch over the regulation 6.8kg.

dsc1299g.jpg

dsc1304c.jpg

dsc1302kr.jpg

dsc1303z.jpg

Sweet looking ride James. No electronic shifting? Is that cause it's still being tested or.......... ? Hate to change the topic but what will Tsukino be riding next season?
Love reading her blog!

Actually for me I prefer the cable shifters, I can actually feel the shift when sprinting. (Sounds strange I know) I think the 2011 bikes which arrive later next month may come with the Di2 or SRAM we are still waiting to hear.

As for Tsukino, her management team are currently in talks and there is some rumours circulating that she may join Fuji-Cyclingtime.com.

However even after a few issues this year she is very pleased with the support she gets from her current team and management at HIGH5 Pro-Lite.

Actually for me I prefer the cable shifters, I can actually feel the shift when sprinting. (Sounds strange I know) I think the 2011 bikes which arrive later next month may come with the Di2 or SRAM we are still waiting to hear.
As for Tsukino, even after a few issues this year she is very pleased with the support she gets from her current team and management at HIGH5 Pro-Lite.

Did you ever try the Mavic electronic system? I did and haven't yet got the chance to try the Dura Ace system. Mavic worked well, when it did but I too preferred the the feel and reliability of my cable driven 1st generation Ergopower shifters. Wish I still had them. Man the good stuff I let go that I could use now that I am looking back for bikes I liked. New Ibis MTB on the way.

Good to see Tsukino staying loyal to a supportive, but sometimes forgetful team. When do the HIGH5 Pro-Lite. 24" inch bikes start retailing in Japan?

Beautiful ride. The Pina goes to the trash heap then? ;) Congrats on the new sponsorship.

Very nice James, especially as it's from your sponsor...but I do feel for the FP3. She was a real beauty.

Beautiful ride. The Pina goes to the trash heap then? ;) Congrats on the new sponsorship.

Very nice James, especially as it's from your sponsor...but I do feel for the FP3. She was a real beauty.

As for now the Pina, she will be going up on the wall in my office as they really are a work of art and I have some great memories riding her.

I won't be selling it and she will get rebuilt when finances or parts become available, I'm thinking Campy :D

Looks like a nice piece of kit there James! I'm looking forward to seeing it person!

Pete it certainly is, the frame set is the top of the line and bloody light! Frame and fork are sub 1kg and uses top of the line carbon. With the DA setup and NovaTech wheels we are a little worried that she will be too light and may require weights for the UCI races.

FarEast said:
Pete it certainly is, the frame set is the top of the line and bloody light! Frame and fork are sub 1kg and uses top of the line carbon. With the DA setup and NovaTech wheels we are a little worried that she will be too light and may require weights for the UCI races.

Saddlebag for a sneaky sandwich?

That frameset sure looks quick even standing still...

Im thinking Campy, the management are thinking Shimano R443 :D

James, glad you got signed up with a good team. Nice looking bike too! When will you be making your JBCF debut? I was thinking of going to Wajima (Noto Hanto) in October. Great location and a tough course which is good preparation for the Japan Cup Open Race if you were thinking of doing that….

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

I think my debut will be on the 23rd, not sure as the priority for me is the JCRC series and also an overseas race coming up in October...... if my bloody UCI International Licence comes through in time.

I think my debut will be on the 23rd, not sure as the priority for me is the JCRC series and also an overseas race coming up in October...... if my bloody UCI International Licence comes through in time.

James or Andy, To race in the Japan cup do you have to have a racing licence?

I may ride up to the Japan Cup and get the train home. 2 years ago I did that in reverse.
A great day out...

James, the 23rd would be the "zen nihon" at Shuzenji right? Good place to make a debut! What's this overseas race? I'm intrigued....

Mike, you do need a licence for the "Japan Cup Open Race" as it's a UCI race. The licence is only good for a season so it makes the race twice as expensive if you get a licence just for the one race.

http://www.japancup.gr.jp/2010/node/269

There is also the "challenge race" which is a JCF race so I guess anyone can apply for that.

http://www.japancup.gr.jp/2010/node/268

The free run is just a lap round the course with the pros.

http://www.japancup.gr.jp/2010/node/267

If you want to do that, I advise just riding up with them from their hotel in Utsonomia.

The beauty of the Japan Cup is once you get your race out of the way, you can party and get up the next day to watch the pros. Plenty of chance to meet them too. Check out me and Ivan Basso!

http://www.jyonnobitime.com/time/2008/10/japan-cup-2008-photos.html

And Voekler too:

http://www.jyonnobitime.com/time/2008/10/japan-cup-2008-race-report.html
Andy

Andy,

Thank you for clearing that up, Mike if you need help registering I've recently done it and its very simple although you'll need to wire themonies through the bank or post office.

Andy,

Thank you for clearing that up, Mike if you need help registering I've recently done it and its very simple although you'll need to wire themonies through the bank or post office.

Thanks guys for the info. James, are you racing this? If so with your team in the pro race? How are you getting there? Just waying a few things up, especially with a Friday check in and pre race meeting! This could be very tricky work wise.

Back
Top Bottom