What's new

New shoes, pedals and stuff.

onm

Sep 2, 2009
Hi,

So I got some new shoes, pedals and cleat covers. Not exactly front page news, but I did get some of the new Fi:zi:k R3 shoes in red, which a lot of people have been talking about. Got them in SEO Omiya for a very good price. They even chucked in a set of Time iClic cleats for me, as they know I ride and love Time pedals. Great service.

Which leads me onto this;

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cleatskins-pedal-cleat-grips-cover-look-spd-speedplay-time/

You can now get cleat covers for Time pedals!!!! Hooray! That was my only real issue with the Time pedals; no covers meant that my cleats got eaten at a rate of knots. No longer!

I also bought a new set of Time iClic pedals; carbon ones this time. Got them very cheap too.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/time-i-clic-carbon-road-pedals/#more

87 quid!

Happy days.

Will report back on how the shoes are going, once I give them a spanking up the mountains.

Cheers.

Def interested in this report as I really like my Time pedals (CX) and not so satisified with my SPD-SL's. Looks aren't bad, either - but I am leaning more and more towards the Time. As for shoe - I don't fit the Fizik so well - but the new Carbon Diadora... mmmmmm

Oh, did you try on the Fiziks?

They are certainly different to the Mavic shoes I have had before; the toe box feels a little more roomy that the Mavics, for starters. I guess only a load of kms on them will be able to tell.

The sole feels mega-stiff from first impressions (admittedly not on the road, merely on the turbo trainer).

Oh, did you try on the Fiziks?

They are certainly different to the Mavic shoes I have had before; the toe box feels a little more roomy that the Mavics, for starters. I guess only a load of kms on them will be able to tell.

The sole feels mega-stiff from first impressions (admittedly not on the road, merely on the turbo trainer).

Another R3 guy, nice! I'm not sure if mine are as comfy as I might like, but they are nice. Def lots of toe space. I got a new set of Sidas insoles on mine, maybe something to look into later if you in a money spending mood.

Another R3 guy, nice! I'm not sure if mine are as comfy as I might like, but they are nice. Def lots of toe space. I got a new set of Sidas insoles on mine, maybe something to look into later if you in a money spending mood.

Always in a money spending mood mate. Grows on trees round this way. Where did you get thw insoles from?

Always in a money spending mood mate. Grows on trees round this way. Where did you get thw insoles from?

Got the shoes and a couple weeks later from Nalsima Friend in Aoyama/Jingu. Did some custom fitting jobbie with them, took 20-30mins or so.

Sick! Will do the same. Cheers for the info.

How much did it cost for the custom fitting and all that? (need to tell the hired help how much to take from petty cash).

Sick! Will do the same. Cheers for the info.

How much did it cost for the custom fitting and all that? (need to tell the hired help how much to take from petty cash).

1500 yen maybe? didn't feel like much after dropping coin on the shoes and then insoles (not sure what your deal was, 25k for shoes, 7thou for insoles).

we need to meet up at a cafe and have coffee with our bad- shoes. Once you've worked on your tan lines we can probably schedule something in.

:cool:

As a man who is so very fair skinned by race and ethnicity, I am of course ashamed of who I am, as I should be, so I think the best thing would be to meet as you suggest, but instead of face to face contact (your correct skin colour over-powering mine, as it very much should do), I will wear a full veil, with nothing but my deathly white ankles and bright red shoes poking out the bottom, for your consideration.

We can compare that way, then I can return to my own personal torture, to shiver once more, with my horrid pale skin, in eternal darkness.

Perhaps some kind of straw?

And yeah, let's Pint it up bruv.

Time and place and all that!

I'll no doubt die of radiation trauma, due to my incredibly white skin, before the conclusion.

My mother used to hold me high in her arms, as a baby, not only because she wanted to see me against the skies glory, but also because I was so white, she could see the sun through my skin, and my very heart beating inside my body, like a fish.

It confirmed I was alive, to my own Mother, in the most wonderful way; through our living planet's own energy source.

Shame this is no longer acceptable. Oh well!

OK, so here is the update, for anyone wishing to buy the stuff I bought, which was;

-Fi:zi:k R3 Euro fit, 27.5cm, Red. From Omiya SEO, who I love!

-Time iClic Carbon pedals. Red version, cheap from Wiggle.

-Time cleat covers, again from Wiggle.

Let's start back to front.

ONE

Cleat covers; yeah good. Very, very tight to put on at first, so I forced them on, and let them stretch for a couple of days. Now seem much easier to put on. Walking on them is OK. Bit more material under them than the standard Shimano stuff, so it feels like I am walking on platform shoes, like I used to at the turn of the century when I had my jaw-line and cheek-bones. Anyway, the company is a new-ish one, and it is a made in China cheap deal, I feel, so I wipe my arse on more than these cost, so whatever.

NEEEEEEEXT!

TWO

Time iClic Carbon pedals; same float as my old Racer ones. Lighter, and a louder CLICK when locking in. Nothing else different, other than not wanting to scuff the fack out of them like I did the Racer pair, then attempt to troll Farce East by saying that I had found a way to service them.

THREE

Fi:zi:k R3 Euro fit; Yeah, nice. Rode them a few times, and at first I preferred my Mavics. The Fi:zi7kzz are stiffer feeling for sure, and I managed to blah - my own ^7777 -07 - blah-blah-blah, average by 0.077seconds on a seriously SUFFERFEST climb when I was at 780W for -- whilst chasing the pack onh the....

Anyway.

These are nice shoes. Feel a bit weird at first, then nice. I liked the instep.

Hope that helps.

Owen

need a pic or two, you can brush your legs with industrial strength coffee to absorb some radiant light, flash bounce is a bugger to control without photoshop effects.

No can do, compadre. My legs are currently being used by Stormfront in a poster campaign of hate, and they have exclusive rights until the end if July. By then, they will be of no,use to them as they will have deepened in colour to a level where the British army can use them as a swatch to compare the effectiveness of sodium flares.

Back
Top Bottom