What's new

New shoes for wide feet

j-sworks

Maximum Pace
Feb 5, 2012
Happy new year all,

As part of my quest to resolve on-the-bike pains I need to get new shoes, and I've found out that I am a size 42 w (e) / 9w (e)

I know that sidi falls just outside this size, according to their site, so I'm looking for some help from the crew.

Any suggestions or experiences?

I have Fi:zi:k R3s, and coming from Mavic, they seem wider. Not ever had any Sidi, so can't really compare there, but this review seems to think they are also wider than the Sidi; http://www.glorycycles.com/fir3rosh.html

Note on Size for the Fizik Shoes: Fizik shoes run larger than Sidi and have more room in the toe and are a little wider as well. Size half a size down from Sidi (Sidi 44 = Fizik 43.5) Size the same as DMT.

I realise these have been redesigned a bit for this year, but there is a chance the same may still apply.

Hey thanks Owen,

I will keep this in mind when I go try some sidi shoes this week, and that video was a nice touch for some user impressions. That guy really fell apart at the end :)

I always wanted some Sidi's. When I eventually got a pair they were just too narrow for me. Caused me a lot of pain, also I had to buy two sizes bigger than my usual shoe size. I have moved to a pair of Mavic's & they seem wider than the Sidi's.

I always wanted some Sidi's. When I eventually got a pair they were just too narrow for me. Caused me a lot of pain, also I had to buy two sizes bigger than my usual shoe size. I have moved to a pair of Mavic's & they seem wider than the Sidi's.

What size are your feet? And which model of sidi did you buy?

There's a ton of info about this online. Although I didn't try them Sidi has wide models called 'mega'.
I wouldn't wear anything than bont now, they also make wide models and can be molded to your feet. I tried Giro/rapha before, but they were too narrow for me.

There's a ton of info about this online. Although I didn't try them Sidi has wide models called 'mega'.
I wouldn't wear anything than bont now, they also make wide models and can be molded to your feet. I tried Giro/rapha before, but they were too narrow for me.

Thanks , I'll look into the Bont shoes

I suspected as much, and I assume that I will have to order wide-bottom shoes...

SIDI are probably one of the best shoe manufacturers out there - They Only make shoes.

You can get them in half sizes, narrow fit and wide fit, also known as "MEGA" you need to make sure that when you are ordering you are actually ordering the correct width. Some shops don't stock the MEGA or do not list them so its always best to contact them directly regarding wide fit shoes.

SIDI are probably one of the best shoe manufacturers out there - They Only make shoes.

You can get them in half sizes, narrow fit and wide fit, also known as "MEGA" you need to make sure that when you are ordering you are actually ordering the correct width. Some shops don't stock the MEGA or do not list them so its always best to contact them directly regarding wide fit shoes.

Yeah I'm going to do just that; after I figure out how to ask in Japanese :0

There are a few companies that will make a shoe custom fit to your foot. This is a costly option, but if off the shelf is not working, may be worth it. Someone mentioned Bont, they do custom. I've not needed them, but a Google search will come up with a number of options.

http://www.bont.com/cycling/products/custom.html

http://www.rocket7.com/#

Ouch hopefully I don't have to go there, but it would for sure work.

At this point I need to know more about the fit difference between Fizik and sidi, as the sizes of sidi fall just outside of my size, and the Fizik appears to fit an E sized foot

Thanks for the suggestion!

FYI, I found the Fizik's to have really high arches. Didn't work for me. Despite being as cool as Owen for a little while, I had to sell them on.....

FYI, I found the Fizik's to have really high arches. Didn't work for me. Despite being as cool as Owen for a little while, I had to sell them on.....

While I'm not sure I could reach the hight of Owen's coolness; I know that the high arches would work as I have high arches.

I'm leaning towards "Owen Red"...

You need to get the mark to join.

soviet.png

Back
Top Bottom