What's new

New member, old cyclist

BCBorn

Cruising
May 11, 2011
In late '97, after 5 or 6 years of intense MTB riding on Vancouver Island, I sold my pimped Trek OCLV 9900 for airfare to Japan. I never returned to Canada.

Jump to mid 2010, and I return from a camping trip with the family to find that someone has stolen my Schwinn Moab. I wasn't too upset, as I hadn't really spent much time on it over the past few years.

Yesterday my Banshee Viento frame arrived on my door. I can't ignore the constant need to get out into the tress and onto the trails much longer. Time to get back on it.

I guess my friend finder profile would read:
Married father of three, late 30's, on the door step of mid-life crisis, looking for fat-wheeled companion for fun, non-competitive trail riding in the Tokorozawa, Higashi Murayama area. :)

I will probably be asking many questions, as it seems that the MTB industry isn't what it was the last time I built a bike nearly 15 years ago. Can't believe syncros isn't a BC company anymore :eek:

よろしくお願いします。

ikedawilliams

Speeding Up
Oct 15, 2010
Welcome to the TCC. I grew up in Victoria and did a lot of mountain biking out at the dump and Western Speedway from about 1992 to 1998. Got a road bike this January and can't get enough of it.

StuInTokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 3, 2010
Welcome!

I'm getting too old for that off-road stuff, I stick to smother surfaces now :eek:
I used to log a LOT of miles on the UBC endowment lands.

Cheers!

jdd

Maximum Pace
Hardest Crash
Jul 26, 2008
Welcome! But late 30s = OLD...?!?!?!

(This year is my 還暦.)

BCBorn

Cruising
May 11, 2011
Thanks for the greetings.

IkedaWilliams,
A pleasure. We were riding in Victoria around the same time. I was there from '92 - '97. The Dump... ahh, lots of memories there. That and the Goldstream, Milstream, areas. I really miss those Island forests!

Stu,
I am the opposite, I have never ridden a road bike... don't know if I will ever be able to bring myself to it :)

jdd,
sorry, by old, I was meaning old time cyclist... hopefully I have a few more years before consider myself old age :)

Looking forward to meeting some of you.

DanBell

Speeding Up
Apr 26, 2010
Hey man, welcome to the forums. Glad to hear your frameset arrived. Now that Stu's bike is finished, I'm looking forward to another build thread.

Top Bottom