New member, old cyclist

BCBorn

Cruising
May 11, 2011
Tokorozawa
In late '97, after 5 or 6 years of intense MTB riding on Vancouver Island, I sold my pimped Trek OCLV 9900 for airfare to Japan. I never returned to Canada.

Jump to mid 2010, and I return from a camping trip with the family to find that someone has stolen my Schwinn Moab. I wasn't too upset, as I hadn't really spent much time on it over the past few years.

Yesterday my Banshee Viento frame arrived on my door. I can't ignore the constant need to get out into the tress and onto the trails much longer. Time to get back on it.

I guess my friend finder profile would read:
Married father of three, late 30's, on the door step of mid-life crisis, looking for fat-wheeled companion for fun, non-competitive trail riding in the Tokorozawa, Higashi Murayama area. :)

I will probably be asking many questions, as it seems that the MTB industry isn't what it was the last time I built a bike nearly 15 years ago. Can't believe syncros isn't a BC company anymore :eek:

よろしくお願いします。

Oct 15, 2010
Welcome to the TCC. I grew up in Victoria and did a lot of mountain biking out at the dump and Western Speedway from about 1992 to 1998. Got a road bike this January and can't get enough of it.

StuInTokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 3, 2010
Welcome!

I'm getting too old for that off-road stuff, I stick to smother surfaces now :eek:
I used to log a LOT of miles on the UBC endowment lands.

Cheers!

BCBorn

Cruising
May 11, 2011
Tokorozawa
Thanks for the greetings.

IkedaWilliams,
A pleasure. We were riding in Victoria around the same time. I was there from '92 - '97. The Dump... ahh, lots of memories there. That and the Goldstream, Milstream, areas. I really miss those Island forests!

Stu,
I am the opposite, I have never ridden a road bike... don't know if I will ever be able to bring myself to it :)

jdd,
sorry, by old, I was meaning old time cyclist... hopefully I have a few more years before consider myself old age :)

Looking forward to meeting some of you.