What's new

New Ipump on kickstarter made in JAPAN

morris ostrow

Cruising
Nov 6, 2013
Hi friends,

We uploade the new Ipump on kickstarter site!

We did some change over the last year and we decide to go for the same pump full carbon that weighs 21 Gr with new handle that go into high pressure easily in less time.

We got over our goal and we exiting to get out the mould for production in Japan and start selling on the market.
We had some great review last year from that forum and i would like to share our kickstarter project with you and ask you to support it (if you like it :)

Here is the like to our project:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1112972433/ipump-twist?ref=discovery

Thank you so much for your support!
I wish you happy new year and all the best,
Morris

Morris, you have had your 'product', approach and bullshit completely and utterly brutalised and laughed out of town on every single cycling website you have attempted to spam on (without permission and going against the terms of commercial usage, I might add).

WeightWeenies, BikeForum, Road.cc, etc etc have all given you a sound thrashing so do yourself a favour, and leave it out. You have made (and are still making) insane and proven impossible claims about your product, which you have apparently had in development for decades (lol). If it really is that good, just make the bloody thing and put it on the market.

Will leave this thread open, and look forward to your typically mental 'thanks for all the wonderful feedback guys, you made me laugh so much' comment, in a months time when it has veered off into completely unrelated territory and rinsed the amusement as far as is possible.

And a bit of serious advice; you are making a pump. A pump. Not a space ship. Any design engineer worth his salt could sketch one up in an hour in SolidWorks and have it prototyped in a week. The fact that you have been at this for decades should be a message to yourself, that perhaps this is not for you. And what, even if it does succeed, and you manage to get it on the market, how many are you going to need to sell to get back the time and expense put in for 'developing' (lol) this thing (lol) over a decade (lol).

If you want to join in the comedy banter, post up stuff about rides, talk about bikes, photoshop your mates faces onto hitlers body, pretend to be an array of cult British childrens entertainment characters from the 1980s, boast about how fast you can ride, talk about how cold your nob is, talk about different training methods, post photos of your attractive daughter to trick people, discuss technical issues with your bike, make an entire new musical genre based around a single post a member made, plan group rides and generally have a good arse about, loosely related to bikes and Japan, then get stuck in, old boy, but give this spamming stuff a rest.

The oPump...

'Designed' over a period of 43 minutes (which would have been 20, but I got distracted by a youtube video about the new Korg Electribe 2)

Features;

-Highly polished titanium parts.
-See through purple main cylinder
-Mega-glow in the dark hose so you can see in the dark whilst pumping.
-Goes to 190psi in a single pump.

Pump1.png
Pump2.png

I have three problems with this: (1) No video of pumping a flat tire up to full pressure despite the shill(?) being asked to answer the question in the comments section, he blamed his poor English. Obviously it's a huge negative point, if it wasn't it would be a selling feature. (2) No independent reviews or postings on real usage in the real world (3) ¥8,910 to buy a pump that offers no advantage over a regular pump except weight saving. I weigh over 185 pounds, if I was that concerned about weight I would spend the money on a gym membership or only fill my drink bottle to 75%. So the weight saving helps those who are super light and looking for a weight advantage over their peers, a racer. But the inefficient pumping is actually slower than a regular pump or much much slower than a CO2 injector. Is the time penalty versus the weight advantage worth 9,000 yen? Maybe not, I'll pass, it appears the way Morris makes money on this is in the source funding stage not the sales. No hits on Amazon, Yahoo Auction or Rakuten. Is he actually trying to sell the manufactured product?

Mate, this has been done and done. Just check out the vast lols this generated on WeightWeenies.

Hi guys!!!
Its me Morris, the inventor of iPUMPMICRO and iPUMPTWIST.
Lets have a showdown at sunset in YOYOGI PARK!!!
You can choose the time and date. Weekends are best for me.
Bring your pump and i'll bring mine. and have a pump up competition of who pumps up to 120psi faster with a pump that weighs 30 grams or less.
I give you guys a weight advantage handicap of 5 grams.
The winner gets a free beer!!!!!
Best regards and ride safely
Morris

That is entirely unscientific; you would need to have the same person pump each time, to ensure the strength of the person using the pump is the same. Also, that same person would need to start from fresh each time, so this would need to be conducted over a period of several days.

There is an alternative I have thought of; how about, you take your crappy pump that has taken you decades to design and is still rubbish, and stop spamming this forum.

Alternatively, you can send me a personal message and we can discuss a commercial advertising arrangement, which you will pay for.

Which one is it going to be?

Will leave this thread open, and look forward to your typically mental 'thanks for all the wonderful feedback guys, you made me laugh so much' comment, in a months time when it has veered off into completely unrelated territory and rinsed the amusement as far as is possible.

Oh, and look at this. I was absolutely spot on. You are as predictable as you are mental, Morris.

Lets have a showdown at sunset in YOYOGI PARK!!!
You can choose the time and date. Weekends are best for me.
Bring your regular carry along pump and i'll bring mine. and have a pump up competition of who pumps up to 120psi faster.
The winner gets a free beer!!!!!
Best regards and ride safely

make it this and you're on. I don't care about 5 grams, I care about getting riding again as soon as possible.
How long to inflate from installation of a new boxed tube to 120psi with your pump?

make it this and you're on. I don't care about 5 grams, I care about getting riding again as soon as possible.
How long to inflate from installation of a new boxed tube to 120psi with your pump?

His pump can't get anywhere near 120psi. He has already had his arse handed to him on WeightWeenies about this.

And yeah, a 30g pump. Who cares. My pump weighs 83g (co2 canister + screw on valve adapter). I had this in my pocket during every KOM I got this year, and during every climb that I legged it up. The extra 53g didn't slow me down one bit. When I got a puncture I was able to get going again fast due to the mad science involved in having something that doesn't need any actual pumping effort to use.

Morris started 'inventing' his pump before co2 was in common usage, and for some reason continued to 'develop' this over the years, despite seeing everyone switch over to gas. I suppose the 30g weight will mean you don't feel it in your pocket on top of the 83g co2 system you carry around for actually fixing punctures, so it is not a complete disaster.

Morris started 'inventing' his pump before co2 was in common usage, ...

Actually, I can remember using CO2 cartridges in the 60s to power model cars. Has he been at it that long?

There was a spring-loaded thing to puncture the cartridge in the rear of the car, at which point the car would take off like a rocket.

I am mildly and noncommittally curious as to how one would adjudicate when the finishing point of 120 psi has been reached, considering that at least one of the products in the competition does not have an inline pressure gauge.

Actually, I can remember using CO2 cartridges in the 60s to power model cars. Has he been at it that long?

There was a spring-loaded thing to puncture the cartridge in the rear of the car, at which point the car would take off like a rocket.

Obviously I meant in relation to cycling, and not just co2 itself, although Morris is nearly old enough to have tried to try to rent Jan Baptist van Helmont a dodgy apartment in Roppongi during the 1700s.

Back
Top Bottom